Search results

1. C

Fish Cleaning Rash/Blisters?

During a couple of summers working at a lodge I got a rash on the back of my hands and blisters on my knuckles and always assumed it was from cleaning fish. I have heard guys call it coho poisoning but other than that haven't heard much. Just wondering if anyone on here has had the same thing or...
  2. C

WTB spare trailer tire - ST175/80R13

Looking to buy spare tire for trailer. Located in Qualicum and Nanaimo. ST175/80R13 with a 5 bolt pattern.
  3. C

Looking for one or two Scotty No. 247 Dual Rod Holders

Looking for one or two Scotty No. 247 Dual Rod Holders. I am located in Qualicum, work in Nanaimo and can pick up anywhere in the area. PM me if you have a rod holder available. Thanks
  4. C

Kicker engine stolen in Qualicum

I just noticed that my 9.9 Mercury kicker was stolen off my boat while it was parked on my property in Qualicum. Does anyone know if it can be covered by my house insurance? I will find out tomorrow when the office opens but am wondering if I should file a police report now if it is...
  5. C

Smoking 1+ year old salmon

This has likely been asked before but I have some pieces of chinook from April and May last year and want to know if there is a preferred way to smoke older salmon. I imagine turning it into candy or lox would be the best way to prevent bland or dry results with the older fish. Any suggestions?
  6. C

2015 Hornby/Denman Reports

I am on my way to Hornby on Sunday and plan to drop the lines for a few hours. Any recent reports from the area? Thanks, CNF
  7. C

Freshwater rookie in Terrace for a week.

I am a long time saltwater fisherman but freshwater rookie. I am working in Terrace for the week and would am hoping to catch a fish. I have borrowed a bait casting set up and a fly rod. I am working long days but will have the evenings with a 4x4 to explore. Can someone point me in the...
  8. C

Rent Fully Equipped Boats on Vancouver Island?

I think someone has posted this before but is there somewhere to rent two equipped boats (downriggers, rods, etc.) on Vancouver Island? It doesn't matter where, probably be driving from Campbell River to the location. Ideally just for some inshore coho/pink salmon fishing, nothing too serious...
  9. C

Hike in lake near Vancouver

Hi, I am looking for a hike in lake to fish near Vancouver. I don't mind driving for a couple hours and then am up for a 3 or 4 hour hike. I'm not looking for the secret lake your grandfather told you about just a spot where a guy might hook a couple fish. I have spinning and fly gear...
  10. C

Please help me identify these fish.

Hi, Hoping someone can help me identify these juvenile fish. The fish were all caught in the Fraser River. The last two pictures are of the same fish. Thanks,
  11. C

Malcolm Island/Blackfish Sound Report

Nothing this morning at Donegal head but hopeful for tomorrow. Anything happening in the sound or further west off Malcolm Island?
  12. C

SALMON OUTLOOK 2009!! (Northern Vancouver Island)

I have been away from the coast for the winter. What are people saying about salmon for this summer? What's the word down on the docks? What do the old timers have to say? Bring on the predictions and projections. I'm predicting a banner year. A season to remember. A Chinook for some and...
  13. C

Owner Hooks

Good? Bad? I am thinking of switching over for my double single hook salmon rig.
  14. C

54 at Pacific Outback?

Really? Photo shop? Comercially caught?
  15. C

MALCOLM ISLAND SPRINGS

Where are they?
Back