Search results

1. C

Fish Cleaning Rash/Blisters?

During a couple of summers working at a lodge I got a rash on the back of my hands and blisters on my knuckles and always assumed it was from cleaning fish. I have heard guys call it coho poisoning but other than that haven't heard much. Just wondering if anyone on here has had the same thing or...
  2. C

Telegraph Cove

I'll assume activity on this thread slowed down because fishing picked up. I'll be up there on Saturday for a few days.
  3. C

WTB spare trailer tire - ST175/80R13

Looking to buy spare tire for trailer. Located in Qualicum and Nanaimo. ST175/80R13 with a 5 bolt pattern.
  4. C

Telegraph Cove

You can fish the east side of Stubbs but as mentioned above I don't think it would be worth it with the tide and snaggy bottom.
  5. C

2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Out front from 9 until 12 this morning and it was pretty busy with lots of coho and some springs in the mix. We lost two decent springs, kept one 11 lber and kept 3 hatchery coho. Ran two Pesca spoons from 120 - 150 feet.
  6. C

2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Image by captain_no_fun posted May 31, 2016 at 9:21 AM Fished out of FC last night from 6:30 to 8:30. Missed one on a Pesca spoon down deep on the humps right away and saw a fish caught right beside me on a sailboat. Then nothing but shakers and cod until about 8:15 when we got a 12 lb spring...
  7. Image

May 30
  8. C

Looking for one or two Scotty No. 247 Dual Rod Holders

Great I'll take them. Are you in Nanaimo?
  9. C

Looking for one or two Scotty No. 247 Dual Rod Holders

Looking for one or two Scotty No. 247 Dual Rod Holders. I am located in Qualicum, work in Nanaimo and can pick up anywhere in the area. PM me if you have a rod holder available. Thanks
  10. C

OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VhlaXIyeFA
  11. C

2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

Thanks for the report. I'll hopefully head out there this weekend if the wind cooperates.
  12. C

Sand Lance Spoon

Picked up one yesterday at Sitka. Sounded like they came in that morning.
  13. C

Just a quick note, I had my 9.9 Merc stolen off my boat while it was parked in Qualicum Woods last weekend.
  14. C

Kicker engine stolen in Qualicum

Stolen from Qualicum Woods neighbourhood. Reported it and the constable said there was a dirt bike and a few other things stolen last night in Qualicum so maybe related.
  15. C

Kicker engine stolen in Qualicum

I just noticed that my 9.9 Mercury kicker was stolen off my boat while it was parked on my property in Qualicum. Does anyone know if it can be covered by my house insurance? I will find out tomorrow when the office opens but am wondering if I should file a police report now if it is...
  16. C

Smoking 1+ year old salmon

This has likely been asked before but I have some pieces of chinook from April and May last year and want to know if there is a preferred way to smoke older salmon. I imagine turning it into candy or lox would be the best way to prevent bland or dry results with the older fish. Any suggestions?
  17. C

Launched in FC yesterday afternoon and put in a good effort at Sangster. Made a couple of passes at the south end and released 6 or 7 pinks and 2 coho. I trolled around the east reef and trolled the north side of the island with a few more bites, a few more pinks and three undersize chinook. I...
  18. C

Langara/Kyuquot

http://youtu.be/2VhlaXIyeFA
  19. C

Telegraph Cove

Double bay on Hansen island is a great place to target pinks. Look for the lodge in the bay if you can't find it. Stays protected and they seem to school up in there. Lots of whales in the area too.
  20. C

Alberni Inlet 2015

Out around 7am and worked hard for a limit of 8. We lost a bunch and had trouble hooking them at times so only had a few by noon. Then we found some schools in the afternoon and had some better luck to get our limit. Fun times and great looking fish. Thanks for the reports and info on here.
Back