Search results

1. falcon1

More elk lake accidents

Love your description of rowers tubber! It is quite accurate. The Gorge Rowing and Paddling Club no longer exists. I was a rower there until they cut out rowing and sold the rowing facilities to SMUS. There will still be rowers there but they are now under a school name. There will still be...
  2. falcon1

#1 - All time favorite 'Fishin' story'...

So there is another falcon on the forums... This isn't a saltwater story but it was awesome. I usually have bad luck in freshwater but have only once ever not hooked into anything in saltwater. So when I decided to first target carp at elk lake I was not expecting a single fish. I went with my...
  3. falcon1

Sole fishing

Island view beach apparently has them. Let us know where you go and if you are successful.
  4. falcon1

More elk lake accidents

eroyd where was the incident? You mentioned a harbor, of which there are none in elk lake. If they hit your line they probably didn't even notice. Rowing shells cannot travel in shallow water due to a fin and in some boats a rudder. How close did they actually come to you? Not accusing you of...
  5. falcon1

More elk lake accidents

Yeah we would break that without even trying in our shells.
  6. falcon1

More elk lake accidents

Thanks GDW for understanding. There is a line of buoys marking our regular course. They are layer out every 250m I think, maybe every 500. Not the most prominent, I know but anything else would be a hazard for pleasure craft.
  7. falcon1

More elk lake accidents

We aren't looking to ram solid metal boats with our fragile, expensive carbon fiber shells. I bet the crew who almost hit you had many squats, burpees or pushups to do when they got back to the dock. Contrary to popular belief it is a very serious matter to us. We look over our shoulders usually...
  8. falcon1

More elk lake accidents

This is an ongoing problem for both sides, so to help out I can let you guys know the flow pattern for our practices. Please understand that we are not trying to cause problems and the reason we go down into beaver lake is simply to get a long enough practice stretch. Flow pattern is as...
  9. falcon1

Catch of the Day

When I join it gets revoked though.
  10. falcon1

Catch of the Day

I joined but haven't been accepted.
  11. falcon1

Catch of the Day

When you fish for the carp it is just with canned corn kernels right? Any rigs work best?
  12. falcon1

Catch of the Day

Carp still active at elk lake?
  13. falcon1

Weekend at Elk Lake

Oh I assure you almost any body of water will have currents
  14. falcon1

Weekend at Elk Lake

No I was racing. We were waiting just past the buoys by the dock and the current pushed our 8 inside.
  15. falcon1

Weekend at Elk Lake

Were any of you fishing off the dock at elk lake?
  16. falcon1

ling cod polier pass

Can't wait!
  17. falcon1

Catch of the Day

I thought this thread had died!
  18. falcon1

Slowness to the site about a 1/2 hour ago?

No, it didn't work. It would load for around 2-5min, then I would get an error message saying that there was a problem on the site and would I like to reload the page? So I clicked "reload page". The same thing happened. I tried again. Same result. So I quit trying. Believe me: it wasn't working.
  19. falcon1

Two down riggers....or three

So long as they are not all at the same depth. I saw a diagram in a fishing book of how to fish 3 lines from one boat. The diagram stressed the need of at least one line (on the side with 2 lines) to be deeper or shallower.
  20. falcon1

Slowness to the site about a 1/2 hour ago?

The forum was so slow it didn't work yesterday.
Back