Search results

1. Z

2014 SFBC Derby Wrap Up

The whole idea for this derby was innovative and I think it worked really well. The wrap-up today was great, too. Thanks-o-plenty and well done Owen and everyone else involved.
  2. Z

Victoria 2014 Reports

Rockdog, your membership gets you entry and it's $10 for associate memberships for anyone who is not already a member (not sure about kids, could be different). I was down there this morning picking some up, but as mentioned above, you can get them at the dock tomorrow am. Other info I got was...
  3. Z

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

"All in all this season is at best inconsistent." My thoughts exactly. Disappointed today as I took out two friends who rarely fish but we were skunked this am in the fog at Otter (aside from one wild coho as we headed back and went deep for sockeye). I'm interested to see the derby results.
  4. Z

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Picked up a 17 at Otter early this am, then nothing else. Wondering how others did, the fog made it awfully hard to see any action. I did see a huge amount of bait boiling just about everywhere from Otter to the harbour but not a sniff. Had an unfortunate and weird one today: a rod popped...
  5. Z

Victoria 2014 Reports

Rockdog I'm glad that you found a few fish! I guess we missed that early bite as we passed Otter and motored further west. Made contact with a solid fish later but lost it. Found some sockeye which was an OK consolation (they seem to finally have arrived, not huge numbers yet but quite a few...
  6. Z

Victoria 2014 Reports

Interesting RS... I've never heard that before but it seems really logical. I'll give it a try next time because around Victoria unfortunately there will definitely be a next time!
  7. Z

Victoria 2014 Reports

I don't think this quite counts as a fish coming in. I've never been so careful trying to get the gear back - the fish was on my only Andrew P Sandlance spoon - the only thing that's been working lately out on the bank. Feel like it's been slower than it should be at this time. Like Poppa...
  8. Z

tyee reel

Pm sent your way knucklebuster11
  9. Z

New sewage outfall off Possession Pt - Sooke

Absolutely ridiculous. Comments submitted. Hope they actually listen.
  10. Z

Jack Brooks coho clip jamboree...May 24 and 25 (sat-sun) - Sooke

Had fun at this last year and got to meet some forum members, unfortunately can't make it this time around.
  11. Z

Sand Lance Spoon

They look great! Please sign me up for for some from an upcoming batch.
  12. Z

Victoria 2014 Reports

Some buddies and I from the forum took Wolf up on his SFBC spring offer and had a good morning out of Victoria. After following Wolf's advice on the forum (and, ok, I'll admit it, sometimes following his boat in Sooke waters) it was great to finally meet him in person. As expected, he was a...
  13. Z

Butt End of Technium reinforcement

I had the same problem with the cork on my technium. I just gorilla glued on a chair leg cap (to reduce floor scratches). It may not be beautiful but it has held up so far and it was cheap as borscht.
  14. Z

Victoria 2014 Reports

Fished out of Esquimalt Anglers 11:30-2:30. Slower than a couple weeks ago but the fish seem a bit bigger. Spoons worked best for us. Sure blew up for an hour or so, otherwise it was pretty nice.
  15. Z

Victoria 2014 Reports

Yeah, yesterday was a gorgeous day. We found a decent number of fish off Macaulay point too but it was hard to find any with real size even as we changed depths and locations. Took home some dinner, had a good time, and enjoyed the sunshine. Not bad for January considering the weather elsewhere.
  16. Z

Victoria 2013 Reports

After a solid day of fishing the waterfront yesterday on a buddy's boat, I took my wife and brother out this morning but had a slower time of it. I let the first decent fish go expecting bigger and better but only ended up keeping two and letting some smaller ones go. All at or near the bottom...
  17. Z

Victoria 2013 Reports

Lots of fish off the waterfront today, but just about as many seals. We had twelve fish on this morning from Macaulay and across the harbour mouth. Seven (seven!) went to the seals. We got almost all of our gear back but it was seriously frustrating. We released two and kept a small spring...
  18. Z

Victoria 2013 Reports

Quiet at Albert Head and the gravel pit this morning. Got out for a couple hours, no seals, but no fish either.
  19. Z

Victoria 2013 Reports

Quick fish this afternoon. Stuck close to home and fished Albert Head - there were lots of birds working bait out there. We picked up a wild coho pretty quickly at 85' on a coho killer - it had two undigested 4 inch herring in her stomach. Couldn't find any others after that, just a couple...
  20. Z

Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

Too true, yup today had it all, including way more fish than last weekend. Had my wife and father-in law from back east on the boat - what a great day. Lots of action, 42 and 86 feet produced the most for us in the deep water off Secretary. Started with a turd hootchie and bait on the other...
Back