Search results

1. L

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Went out late from Esquimalt yesterday..: launched at 1:30 and braved the chop with a few other boats. Decided to pull our gear at 2:30 to see if Oak Bay was any better (big rollers there), it wasn’t. On our way back decided to troll from green can to the launch, super rough but it paid off...
  2. L

Wheel nuts?

That never occurred to me. Thanks. I’ll head to kaltire in the morning.
  3. L

Wheel nuts?

Anyone know where I might find a wheel nut for a 3/4 inch spindle? I’ve some how managed to cross thread mine while packing my bearings today. I’ve tried princess, lordco and Canadian tire. Lots of 1” spindle options. No 3/4 inch ones…. Getting desperate…
  4. L

Suzuki Corrosion Problem

thanks, really hoping someone closer to Victoria might have experience with this repair
  5. L

Suzuki Corrosion Problem

So... after years and years of very reliable service it looks like my 2003 DF115 has an engine holder exhaust plug corrosion problem. Searching the net I see that this is a very common problem (I literally had no idea) and that the repair is to either replace the holder or have the port welded...
  6. L

Port Renfrew Reports 2015

Thinking of heading out tomorrow. Any reports on how the wind was? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. L

thunder jet anchor

Thanks for asking the question. I've been wondering the same thing. Trotac was recommending 35 feet of anchor chain Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. L

Island view boat launch

Don't think you can pArk overnight there, or that you'd want too, maybe phone crd and check.
  9. L

2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

Fished the beach Monday trolled from camper creek to Logan. Landed two decent fish just shy of 20 pounds before cullite (sp) creek. But it was a slooooow day. Also lost a crab trap in the bay. Clearly marked older commercial trap with four small bullet floats. It was in the same area on the...
  10. L

2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

Fished the beach Monday trolled from camper creek to Logan. Landed two decent fish just shy of 20 pounds before cullite (sp) creek. But it was a slooooow day. Also lost a crab trap in the bay. Clearly marked older commercial trap with four small bullet floats. It was in the same area on the...
  11. L

Buying boat from USA with 4 partners. Any special considerations?

One thing to consider is how you plan to pay for the boat. If you are taking large sums of currency down with you (cash, travellers cheques and bank drafts) you need to declare it at both the Canadian and USA borders on the way down. I got grief at the American border for not having gone in to...
  12. L

Insurance

Thanks for the feedback. Will be checking out both vendors tomorrow. Need to renew before next weekend. Wouldn't mind saving a few $ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. L

Insurance

I am curious as to where people get their insurance. I just got my renewal in the mail and premiums have gone up. I am in victoria and would appreciate any good referrals. I also wonder how much insurance people tend to get? My boat is a 2004 20' aluminum and I have it for insured for...
  14. L

Bucktailing

I was thinking a trailing hook might help. The coho shredded the buck tail.
  15. L

Bucktailing

I was inspired after reading this thread and added a put a buck-tail on my fly rod his weekend out at port renfrew. Had five good hits but didn't manage to hook anything. I had the drag pretty tight though, so I wonder if that was part of the problem. I was using a floating line and a...
  16. L

Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

I was in this group. We had such a fantastic day on the water with Roy and Al. Young boys on each boats with a day full of memories and some sore arms. For sure, if wolf is fishing a spot there are fish there, just stay out of his way, or, or better yet hire him or Al and get some pointers...
  17. L

Thunderjet

I bought a used t-jet out of Portland last year, private sale, and I love it. The issue is supply and demand. Way more boats down there for sale, new or used. The savings are hard to ignore in my case the savings more than paid for outfitting the boat and rigging it the way I wanted. Pretty sure...
  18. L

Pod Question

Thanks,I will check them out.
  19. L

Pod Question

Thanks for the tips. I know for sure the hatch is leaking will replace that and also check for leaking welds.
  20. L

Pod Question

I have a thunderjet with the offshore pod, I am finding that no matter how I seal the hoatch cover I am getting water into the pod. Just wondering if anyone has ever filled their pod with expansion foam. I'd have to think of a way to not plug the drain in the botton, perhaps with a screen over...
Back