Search results

1. hud52

Online Auction To Raise Funds For RCMSAR 35, Victoria, New Type 1 Fast Response Vesse

The Victoria Marine Rescue Society is holding it's 2015 Online Charitable Auction to raise funds for a new Fast Response Rescue Craft for the Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue Station in Victoria. The station's current vessel is at the end of it's life and the station needs something more...
  2. hud52

Victoria Whisky Festival

Now that the fishing season is winding down for awhile, here's a suggestion for something interesting to do in mid-January. The tenth annual Victoria Whisky Festival is a short 3 months away. Information for this outstanding event will go online in the next couple of days at...
  3. hud52

Favourite Salmon/Steelhead Rod and Reel?

After 30 or more years of use, my Abu Garcia Ambassadeur S.I.X gave up the ghost while fishing the Big Qualicum River yesterday. Today I replaced it with a Shimano Calcutta 200B and am now in need of a rod to go with it. Any recommendations on what I should buy to go with my new reel?
  4. hud52

Area 6 Seine Fishery: A fishery Out of Control

With commercial fishing practices like the ones shown in this video, it's no wonder many of our salmon stocks are being depleted. Time to stop being silent..... [DSLAELBaakg] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSLAELBaakg
  5. hud52

Rain gear for sale

Pioneer DK300 coat and pants for sale. Coat is XXL, Pants are XL. $60.00 for the set. Colour red. Good condition. Used for only 10 days for sailing trip from Victoria to San Francisco. PM if interested.
  6. hud52

Loreto, Mexico fishing advice

Heading down to Loreto the end of January and wondering if any of you have any fishing advice for that area, such as names of good charter guys, areas to fish etc. Thanks!
  7. hud52

Boston Whaler Montauk for sale

17 ft. 1981 Boston Whaler Montauk. I have owned This terrific boat for 4 years and bought the 8 hp Yamaha 4-stroke and Karavan trailer brand new, as well as the VHF and Compass. With the capital cost of the boat and the new stuff I bought for it, I have about $18,000 invested in it. It is in...
  8. hud52

2009 Bite Me Derby

Can somebody tell me if this derby is happening this year? Thanks.
Back