Search results

1. T

Ukluelet and a Zodiac

Ditto ...don't even bring a gaff into the zodiac, eventually much less fun than you think. Another learned experience.
  2. T

German Facebook link?

Yeah, ditto....made me nervous about security of the configuration settings....
  3. T

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

You can get meclazine capsules at most compounding pharmacies, might have to order in a day ahead. God's gift to those of us with stable stomachs and unstable patience....
  4. T

Snow

Yeah, worked from dark and miserable to 2 PM for breakfast, clearing broken trees and big branches and more snow than I care to describe. I think I've had enough of west coast snowsludge for the year. But hey, how often can you say "Oh good, it's gonna rain" ?
  5. T

Looking for a 4.80 x 12 Gav. Boat Trailer Wheel

I bought one last year at Canadian Tire, I'm thinking it was Stirling brand.
  6. T

BCWF form letters to send out re: access restrictions

Done, also with sending it along to all the people I know frustrated at being denied access. Thanks for the heads-up.
  7. T

Doing a trip on your own

Solo trips are good for your mental health. Get a satellite gizmo like an Inreach. It's surprising how much braver you get in your planning, knowing you can be found. I even take it when with my buddies, since they are as decrepit as I am. A solo trip feels like "You're so much closer to the...
  8. T

Log splitter

Canadian Tire 4 Ton electric has been working for me for about 7 years. When it wouldn't run, got motor run capacitor for free, plus a spare. Couldn't complain if I wanted to.
  9. T

SFI Raffle

Great idea, cause, community effort, and I sure could put any of those prizes to good use.
  10. T

A Kechika River Adventure

Thank you for a great write-up of a wonderful adventure ! Now, I feel like it's Fall...!
  11. T

Action Required - Potential Fin FIsh Closure from Long Beach to Swiftsure for SRKW

Thanks for the alert. The real fear is that once again the DFO are pursuing an "easy visibility win" over a "long term science based win". They are again squandering an opportunity to use visibilty to protect salmon rearing habitat and give them enough political courage to monitor and enforce...
  12. T

Satellite Phones - WCVI

Also recommend the InReach. Simple setup, you can modify the rate for homebound months. Never have though, 'cause always find somewhere interesting to roam outside cell range. Which I am more likely to do when I have a little more confidence in avoiding the " If **** goes down, my wife will...
  13. T

PV surf fishing advice

Bait, even shrimp from the salad bar will improve things greatly.....
  14. T

Theft From Boats

Yeah, the Walmart parking lot in Port Alberni is a bad spot for thieving. Like many Walmart lots, everybody with a truck and boat or trailer parks along outside edge. I was laying in bottom of boat cleaning something nasty from bilge, hear what sounds like my creaky truck door open, pop my...
  15. T

Website update

Yup..... big performance improvement. I kept checking and was also surprised to realize how often I stop by here to top up my 'fishing addiction'...
  16. T

Winter/Spring small shaker reports

Hi Bugs, it was a mix of coho and smaller springs. The coho were around 14 to 16 inches, springs were at most 12 to 13 inches. I originally thought it was just coho out there, but when we strayed off the hump, we picked up the smaller springs, downriggers were at 230 feet trying to avoid the...
  17. T

Winter/Spring small shaker reports

Very many of them at the hump off French Creek on Wednesday (Dec. 6). Had to be literally thousands around, they were even jumping and swimming around at the surface. We stopped fishing after catching several, and yes ... they were gently released using a gaff without lifting them. We changed...
  18. T

Please Read: 2 Minute Survey for Orca Recovery

Done, with a bit of skepticism about this organization, but done and circulating this survey also.
Back