Search results

1. nicnat

What's for dinner tonight ?

the junkies are no problem, it's all the effin hipster joints ya gotta wade thru to find anything chinese down there now, they sure let that bs get outta hand, it used to be one of the best chinatowns in north america, it really pisses me off that they let this happen.
  2. nicnat

Old school teaser heads

I used to use an elastic band close to where the 2 prongs hold the herring, they used to get bent up a bit after a few fish, still have a few along with many other oldies like the noskie killer.
  3. nicnat

Canucks 2023-2024 season

Actually recently the cup is won by the team that best cheats the system with top players on LTIR, and miraculously bring them back for playoffs and legally being 10mil plus over the cap. Vegas last year, Tampa 2 yrs in a row and Vegas is now in the process of doing it again, maybe Canucks are...
  4. nicnat

Canucks 2023-2024 season

It's hard to believe that a guy like Garland isn't getting a shot in place of Boeser with things going as bad as they are, or putting Hronek in and using 2 d letting Hughes play up closer to the net where his shot is more effective.
  5. nicnat

Sage CP3113-3–Downrigger Rod?

I have that exact same rod and I love it, only used it a few times as I usually had rookies on board or was guiding so it stayed home most of the time, I love that rod but may sell it as I'm just not fishing much these days.
  6. nicnat

Hot stock tips

Yes it's a lovely day in the neighborhood, lol.
  7. nicnat

Cuts of meat on sale

If there's a stongs anywhere near you they always have good steaks and quite often one of the nicer cuts will be on sale, well worth the money imho
  8. nicnat

Canucks 2023-2024 season

I tape every game and start watching 20-30 min after it starts, commercial free and finish about 5 to 10 min. After game is over, also can rewind plays I want when I want. I only watch live at a bar.
  9. nicnat

Downrigger ball rubber snubber

I don't like or use them, just creates more blow back imho.
  10. nicnat

Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

I put my egg shells in the coffee grinder and grind them till they are basically dust, no end rot this year and been getting tomatoes for about 6 weeks now. the early girls are great for getting early tomatoes and some of the tastiest this year., still get some rot on a few zukes though but...
  11. nicnat

West kelowna fire. I got room for your stuff

it's a nasty one, we have friends who live on the top of Dillworth with an incredible lake view and the pics they are sending and posting on fb are absolutely horrifying.
  12. nicnat

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

yes they are, he's been using that set up for a very long time with the tracking riggers, if I remember correctly I think he has or had a sponsorship set up with canon. the 5th rigger is new to me though, lol.
  13. nicnat

Another boat blew up at Schooner today

gotta love those Bayliners, lol
  14. nicnat

Might Be Looking For a Change

Things are slowing down in the residential construction biz but renos must still be going strong, maybe a little more time taking care of biz and a wee bit less time fishing might improve your situation, jmho.
  15. nicnat

Boat vacationing at its finest

definitely not my idea of the finest, getting away from it all is what it's all about for me on the boat. Always nice to see people out having a good time though however they do it.
  16. nicnat

Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

about 1/2 of mine look like they're ready.
  17. nicnat

Favourite Kitchen Knife

I have the Zwilling brand, 2 or 3 of them, great knives had them for years but don't use them as much anymore, I'm a big fan of the Cutco knives, we have pretty much a full set of those, awesome knives imho.
  18. nicnat

What's for dinner tonight ?

he said rib eye, not cheesesteak
  19. nicnat

Cuts of meat on sale

aaa briskets at sav on for same price looked really good.
  20. nicnat

Cuts of meat on sale

Those argentinian wild prawns can be quite good (not as good as our spot prawns but the best of the rest that I've found). I find the large ones with shell on are the best tasting of what they offer. One thing to be very aware of when buy them is the date in which they were packaged, save on has...
Back