3. Roberth

Ouch

Tough start to the day! Always check your bung plug
  4. Roberth

Rod tension

This is what I do
  5. Roberth

Rod tension

All I do is put a quick release connected to the rod holder on the line as it comes out of the reel. Then I can set the drag where I want it to fight the fish ahead of time and no line creep
  6. Roberth

Mistakes

Yesterday at Esquimalt Anglers noticed when we got to the ramp to leave that the boat ahead of us had the bilge pump running water out of the boat. For 5 minutes and then 10 minutes which had me scratching my head at the amount of water being pumped out. Then the guy pulls up the ramp and I saw...
  7. Roberth

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

The operator was Asian around 30
  8. Roberth

It wasn’t you Rob. I know your boat and it’s not black
  9. Roberth

Double header off the green can this morning. Both large. A black 14 ft aluminum ran over both lines and got then tangled in his gear. Lost everything. AArgh!
  10. Roberth

Power cord for lowrance hds unit?

Where are you located. I’ve got one you can have
  11. Roberth

Scotty snubber

Would a small quick link work?
  12. Roberth

Salmon retention

Pretty sad that across the straits the US just increased their retention from one to two Chinook and we can’t even retain one
  13. Roberth

2106B Scotty for sale

As new in the box all accessories included 2106B Scotty downrigger for sale used twice $700 firm im in Victoria
  14. Roberth

Running lights not working

Thanks for everyone’s advice. I rewired the trailer
  15. Roberth

If the ground was bad wouldn’t no lights at all work. In this case the turn signals and brake lights are working. Only the running lights and taillights are affected
  16. Roberth

I replaced both the plug and the socket. Didn’t fix it. The turn signals and brake lights work just not the running lights and taillights
  17. Roberth

Here’s a question for guys who know trailer wiring issues. The running lights on my trailer stopped working. I replaced the truck socket and the 7 way plug on the trailer. Still not working. Tester shows power to the appropriate slot on the socket and when I put power to the slots on the trailer...
  18. Roberth

2022 Sooke Reports

Went to the other side of Muir creek today to target lings. 102 cm.
  19. Roberth

2022 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Fish the waterfront this morning. Got a high teen white male. Heard of a low 30’s and mid 20’s being caught also but didn’t see the fish so can’t confirm
  20. Roberth

2022 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Should be some good fish showing up on the waterfront next couple of days. They have been coming in off Sooke
Back