Search results

1. G

Double Eagle (185) Construction - thoughts

Considering the DE 185 for my next boat. Wondering about their construction (ie do they still use wood) and if not what model year did that change? anything in particular to know or watch for regarding these hulls? how do they compare in size to something like a campion 542?
  2. G

Trading MR3 for MR2

I have a black MR3 In fair condition. Looking to trade it for an MR2. I own two MR3 and I’d really like an islander that free spools.
  3. G

What causes this staining

What might cause the rust coloured stains? Wondering if that’s cosmetic or the sign of a problem.
  4. G

Aquaculture: A Sea of Suffering (undercover video)

An animal rights group infiltrated a salmon farm and documented what they saw. https://cok.net/investigations/ Discuss.
  5. G

Tragic - Fish Farm Worker Dies off Port Hardy

Here is a link to the article. https://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/promising-bmx-racer-from-nanaimo-dies-in-accident-at-fish-farm-off-port-hardy-1.23661018 Let this be a reminder of the real people - children, siblings, and parents - who work at these fish farms in sometimes dangerous and...
  6. G

Scores of salmon dumped in Central Saanich; police investigating

From the Times Colonist... click link below for a picture. -------------------- Central Saanich police are looking for whoever illegally dumped between 150 and 200 salmon at Thompson Place. The salmon, which appeared fairly fresh, were discovered in the 8200 block of Thompson Place, off Mount...
  7. G

Southern Van Isle Fishing is excellent for more than just anglers...

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/orca-calves-growing-like-weeds-in-waters-off-island-1.2048709 A little more ammo towards the argument that increased food source = increased production and size of marine species. I think everyone (except whole in the water who wondered in the...
  8. G

water restrictions and flushing/rinsing boat

Just curious, for those of you in vancouver under zone 3 water restrictions. What's the deal with flushing motors after a fishing trip? And how about giving the boat a rinse? I consume a fair amount of water doing a flush and rinse after each trip.
  9. G

two bad news stories in the water off victoria. missing diver/found body

Can't say these are related but a young diver went missing sunday afternoon at race rocks. Tides/currents were fast yesterday especially in the afternoon/evening. Scary time/place to be in the water...
  10. G

Truck and Boat stolen in SOOKE!

From the TC. --- Mike Kraft is still shaken up after his truck and boat were stolen from his Sooke home and taken for a wild ride ended by spike belts. The boat and trailer were still attached to the 1991 Chevrolet truck because Kraft had been fishing the previous day. Undeterred, two...
  11. G

Old news - but cowichan fish can't catch a break

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/mainland-jail-said-to-be-too-isolating-for-woman-who-stole-202-993-1.649709 Just stumboled upon this article. Over $200,000 stolen from salmon enhancement yes years and years ago but just another factor in the fishes struggles. Interesting that the...
  12. G

Mercruiser 350 leaking water

Any thoughts on what this device is? I believe its in line on a water hose and I believe it or the hose itself is spewing water that the engine is circulating. We can see water pouring everywhere when the engine is running and when its off if I squeeze the hose more water comes out. Can't see...
  13. G

Installing new shift cable on yamaha outboard

I'm installing a new shift cable as I broke mine. Ill likely have many questions along the way but first off how go I attach the new cable to the yamaha 703 binnacle? I've taken it apart it appears to me I need to get the lower plastic piece off to screw it into the new cable. Im Not sure how...
  14. G

Canadian Tire - Surcharge on salt water licenses?

I was in crappy tire the other day and noted a sign that said $5 surcharge for fishing licenses. Are any other retailers doing this? This was the Langford location. DFO's website is a pain I'm wanting to get a license for my wife and two young girls but I think I can only get 1 license under...
  15. G

Port Moody Salmon Hatchery Burns Down

The building and this years brood stock are both a total loss. Just saw it on CTV news - sorry no link.
  16. G

I Got Hitched

I got a wicked deal at Custom Hitch today the hitch for my Ram is on for $99. They even gave me a ride home so I didn't need to wait the hour install. I liked the deal so much I got some woody.
  17. G

Trophy Handle Upgrade To Shimano Paddles

For those interested in replacing those tiny trophy handles for $3 each you can buy shimano paddles and put them on your reel without modifying the reel at all. You do need to make a small modification to the $3 plastic handle so it might be smart to buy an extra or two. You can take stock...
  18. G

What Does Your Boat Weigh?

I doubt I'm alone here. I've had a boat for about four years and don't have any real idea as to how much it weighs. So if you have weighed your boat please post the make, model, size, accessories (including motors), type of trailer etc. and its weight fully loaded with fuel and gear. If we...
  19. G

WTB - Tow Vehicle

I need a new tow vehicle. What have you got? Must have room for 4 including two child car seats. Must have full size transmission Must be in good running order Maximum price $25,000 for the perfect vehicle but would prefer to spend quite a bit less. Right now I'm considering both older high...
  20. G

99 Toyota Corolla with only 98,500 KMs!

This car is sold.
Back