Search results

1. rockdog

350 carbureted closed system swap to 350 MPI?

I would go to iboats.com. Go to the Mercruiser Forums and ask there. There is some really good knowledgeable guys there.
  2. rockdog

Aquaculture; improving????

Yes, that's what I think. Enough is enough and our wild salmon don't have enough time left. It's not the people doing it to the farms, the Farms have done it to themselves by dragging their heels when all the negative impacts started coming out 20 years ago.
  3. rockdog

Trailer brake rebuild time

https://trailerpro.ca/products/brakes-electric-3-5k-10x2-1-4-axletek-left-galvanize?_pos=4&_sid=187064344&_ss=r
  4. rockdog

Trailer brake rebuild time

I was looking at the Electric also. You can buy them complete (backing plate and all), galvanized for under $100 each. Make sure to seal all your electrical connections carefully. Easy peasy replacement every 2-4 years and it's only $400 (double axle- 4 sets). Cheap and easy maintenance. I have...
  5. rockdog

I didn't know anyone was reading Seawest? I prefer reading non-fiction. I won't give Fabs the click, sorry.
  6. rockdog

Concerns about herring kills at B.C. fish farms

Sure, if that's your interpretation.
  7. rockdog

3 of 120 bands fighting to keep them?
  8. rockdog

be careful when renewing your boat licence

I think they are good for life. No renewing. A quick google search revealed - Will I ever have to renew my operator card (boating licence)? Your Pleasure Craft Operator Card is good for life. Furthermore, there are no renewal fees and no annual fees. It will need to be replaced, with fees only...
  9. rockdog

I am happy to support groups that fight for what I believe in.
  10. rockdog

TRUCKS BOATS AND HELICOPTERS: PART V

I always love reading your stories. Thanks for sharing!
  11. rockdog

9 year transition? Seems a little ridiculous considering the industry has known since 2012 their time is closing. Our wild fish don't have that kind of time left in some areas where the farms have wreaked havoc on them, such as Clayoquot Sound. Some rivers in the Sound are down to single digit...
  12. rockdog

Your Hotrod or Classic Car Pics

Both 1972 Honda CT70's. 1 is the rare 'H' model and the other is my Liquor Store runner as it is plated. Lots of fun riding these old bikes. I am working on getting papers for the 2nd one.
  13. rockdog

Your Hotrod or Classic Car Pics

1961 VW Kombi. Bought it from a farmers field when I lived in Alberta where it had sat for years. Then restored it. I miss it and wish I never sold it.
  14. rockdog

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I know the guy who owned that boat 4ish years ago. 2002 Pro-Line
  15. rockdog

2023 Sooke Reports

could only find wild Coho today. Got 7 or 8, 1 was really nice I thought it was a Chinook the way it fought. Guessing around 10-11 pounds. Came home with a small spring (52cm) that was a bleeder, so we decided we will eat it instead of the crabs, and of all things, a Pink. Thought it was a...
  16. rockdog

Favorite Picture from 2023 fishing season

Early morning bite off the Vic waterfront.
  17. rockdog

Fishing film.Nanaimo on the 22nd.

Funny how the gov't wants to rip out 10's of thousands of fishing jobs, yet a few hundred fish farm jobs are critical to BC. Something smells fishy.
  18. rockdog

DEAN RIVER EXPEDITION

As always, I enjoyed reading your story. You have posted some great write-ups over the years.
Back