Search results

1. P

Killer Whale - Salmon Strategy

Always have enjoyed a bit of whale tail!
  2. P

2017 Alberni Inlet

Sproat River Fish Camera - Sockeye been heading upriver steady for a week or so now http://www.pacfish.ca/wcviweather/Content%20Pages/Sproat/CameraStream3.aspx
  3. P

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Big ling and a 70cm spring for me saturday. Cop car 150 feet for the salmon. Fabulous day on the water
  4. P

Reporting?

Nanaimo
  5. P

Cleaning gear.

I use the dishwasher, put spoons and such in the bit where the utensils go
  6. P

Underwater footage

Best thread ever!
  7. P

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Yes, I was back at the launch around 10 and saw lots of catching out there between 7 and 9. Unfortunately I was only able to find shakers.
  8. P

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Caught some shakers today but nothing worthwhile. Others seemed to be doing very well and there were limits at the ramp
  9. P

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Good salmon fishin out there today! 110-150 ft, cop cars and irish cream on green flashers
  10. P

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Headed out tommorow any recent reports on where the action is?
  11. P

Anyone tried Proll Troll echip?

They work great similar to a teaser but you can really use any size bait. I used them last summer for hali, with used steel downrigger cable for line off a spreader bar to roll large herring and strips of salmon belly and they were great. I dont think the echip does anything but I do like...
  12. P

Halibut in the Saanich Inlet

I spent a summer fishing/ targeting halibut in Saanich inlet a few years back, probably put in 10-15 days and left no potential habitat unfished. Never got a single one! There are some good lingcod holes but you will have to work your butt off to find them. My advice: launch in Sidney/Island...
  13. P

2016 Halibut & Ground Fish Review

did very well on hali, even a couple double headers!!
  14. P

2016 Summer Salmon Fishing Season Review

Overall I found the ECVI and SVI were not productive for anything other than 1-3lb baby chinook and ling. Could not keep those little buggers off. In fact, by mid May I stopped fishing ECVI and SVI cause I was worried about how many fish i was catching and possibly damaging Port Alberni...
  15. P

Alberni salmon festival

I fished the inlet yesterday 8 hrs not a bite from Sprint Narrows to town fishing was not good at all and most others we talked too did equally poorly
  16. P

2016 Alberni Inlet

GLTA in the derby tommorow! Ill be hitting the area between town and China Creek hard!
  17. P

2016 Alberni Inlet

Any fishes out there??
  18. P

Stamp Somass opens Aug 25 1 over 1 under

ffective 00:01 hours Thursday August 25th, 2016 the Somass and Stamp Rivers will open to recreational angling for chinook and coho salmon. The daily limit will be 4 salmon per day of which: " Two (2) may be chinook of which only one (1) may be greater than 77 cm. in length, and " Two (2) may...
  19. P

2016 Alberni Inlet

Its Wednesday bro, gotta work. But I will be hittin it hard this wknd
Back