Search results

1. BCTony

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Yes – I think it is likely some type of feudal territorial claim; someone who thinks they have exclusive or priority rights in the area that I was prawning.
  2. BCTony

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Whoa – just had my prawn traps lifted by persons unknown twice in the last week in Howe Sound. First time, I was a little unsure and just three prawns after 24 hour soak. The second time after another 24 hour soak was obvious - marker buoy was about 100 yards from where dropped, was tangled and...
  3. BCTony

Standard Horizon Model GX2150 VHF Radio with AIS together with RAM 3 Remote

Upgrading to Class B so offer for sale my Standard Horizon GX2150 VHF Radio with AIS together with RAM 3 Remote station. Excellent condition and working order complete with manual. Can be seen working prior to removal. $350. North Shore. Tony - 778 238 6990.
  4. BCTony

Scotty Landing Net SOLD SOLD SOLD

4' Handle. Eighteen months old. Little used. $80. Tony 778 238 6990. North Shore.
  5. BCTony

Lets see some of your tomics

I'll take that one bottom left!
  6. BCTony

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Until the Area 7 regulations really clamped down a couple of years ago, a couple of friends and I used to come down every winter for the Friday Harbor Salmon Classic which was a great event and because the fishing until recent years was so much better in the San Juan Islands than up here. In...
  7. BCTony

TR3 issues

I have had TR3’s for three years now and generally I like them very much. But I have twice had a problem which was similar on both occasions. What has happened is that the reel is working fine – drop down on the downrigger, tighten-up clutch and low and behold have had a take only to find that...
  8. BCTony

Carlysle vs London drugs brand cat food

West Vancouver crabs demand cat-food from Wholefoods!
  9. BCTony

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Some excellent fish around today.
  10. BCTony

Reels mr3 vs tr3

Well I have had MR3's and Abel's which I swapped-out for TR3's which IMO for downrigging are the best but pricey. But ..... I also have Avet SXJ Level-Wind's which IMO are the best of the lot and a quarter of the price of a TR3.
  11. BCTony

Islander MR3 in Black (1 of 3) for sale $450. SOLD

I am open to higher offers .......
  12. BCTony

Look at the serial numbers, line lay etc. Each reel was photographed independently - so that people know what's being offered.
  13. BCTony

There are three different reels shown in photos.
  14. BCTony

Islander MR3 in Black (3 of 3) for sale $450. SOLD

Islander MR3 in black with paddle handles and loaded with 50lb 8-ply Daiwa -J Braid. Excellent used condition albeit minor deck-rash. $450 West Vancouver. Call:- 778 238 6990.
  15. BCTony

Islander MR3 in Black (2 of 3) for sale $450. SOLD

Islander MR3 in black with paddle handles and loaded with 50lb 8-ply Daiwa -J Braid. Excellent used condition. Minor deck-rash. $450 West Vancouver. Call:- 778 238 6990
  16. BCTony

Islander MR3 in black with paddle handles and loaded with 50lb 8-ply Daiwa -J Braid. Excellent used condition albeit minor deck-rash. $450 West Vancouver. Call:- 778 238 6990
  17. BCTony

April 1 Fishing Regs-sell your Boats!!

Well I think there is a lot of scope for improvement in C&R procedures to lessen mortality. I am not pretending that I know all the answers but a high degree of efficiency has been achieved in other areas of fishing through the process of time, evolution, innovation leading to remarkable...
  18. BCTony

Sonar Distance Behind Boat

This is where knowing your transducer cone angles and coverage comes into play. If you have two transducers operating, one with narrower cone angle/coverage you can begin to determine more precisely the position of targets both geographically and in depth. For practical purposes and for most of...
Back