Search results

1. capncrunch

2021 Sooke Reports

He or she might have been First Nations. They can keep any.
  2. capncrunch

Merc bearing tools.

Hey thank you, I'm in Victoria and that's a big drive but I might take you up on it if I don't find a closer option. Let you know, Tks BA48
  3. capncrunch

MerCruiser Gimbal Bearing Dimensions

I realize this was a few months ago and you probably have it done, but I am replacing mine as soon as I can get my hands on a puller and you can have the old one. Kirk
  4. capncrunch

Merc I/OB Gimble Bearing Re/Re Tools

Hey all, Anyone have a gimble bearing puller/install and alignment tool I can rent/buy? 95 Alpha 1 Gen II Leg on a 4.3 Merc. I don't really want to buy a new set to use it once. I'm in Victoria Kirk
  5. capncrunch

Merc bearing tools.

Looking to buy used or rent gumball bearing removal and installment/alignment tools. Anyone buy a set that they only used once? 4.3 LX Alpha one gen 2 outdrive. I'm in Victoria.
  6. capncrunch

2017 Sooke Reports

Can you please ask them for my gear back...LOL
  7. capncrunch

2017 Sooke Reports

WOW. What a change from the weekend around the head and trap today. Beat it up pretty good today with little to show for it. Ended up with one small spring and fed a sealion the only decent size spring we had on all day. The Trap is bad for them right now, saw another fella suffer the same fate...
  8. capncrunch

2017 Sooke Reports

Sherm, Try the Spoke Bluffs, Trailer Park, or Whirl Bay. Bounce the bottom. See you out there if the weather ever settles down.
  9. capncrunch

Federal government petition to end salmon farming in Canadian waters

I was up in rivers inlet a couple of years ago and was disgusted with the number and size of all these nasty pens. Thanks for the post. I did sign.
  10. capncrunch

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Funny day yesterday. Got a double header of high teen springs ??@# right at the tide change O/S the head, then nothing working the trap and the head till we went out to the tide lines off Secretary. Hooked another on a tide rift there and worked it as it went down the highway producing fairly...
  11. capncrunch

Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

Great Day in Sooke yesterday. Surprising how many big springs and Coho are still around considering the time of year. Usually by Labor day weekend the big rains have come and they are gone. Got three nice 12 to 18 pound springs and 2 nice hatch hoes (I was shocked too) also a couple of pinks for...
  12. capncrunch

Salmon Confidential film by Alexandra Morton Now Online!

Farmed fish Personally I think that farmed fish are disgusting. I would not touch one with a ten foot fork. Does anyone even want to eat a diseased fish? I plan to post this video and make as much noise as possible on my facebook, twitter, word of mouth etc. until farms are gone from our...
  13. capncrunch

Port Renfrew Reports Summer 2012

I think we should put them all on camera, Even though the natives are legal, they should be held accountable to the world for their eco-irresponsibility.
  14. capncrunch

Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

That can work when the Coho are around. I sometimes drag a bucktail fly off my flyrod right on the surface just at the back of the bubbles and can sometimes get a hit. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it sure is a blast. As for the panther I could give you $100.00 for it.
  15. capncrunch

Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

Listen to all the experts !!! Its guys like this that keep me from posting pics on this site.
  16. capncrunch

Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Good day on the water yesterday in Whirl Bay, calm weather but salmon were definitely spotty. We picked up a 9 lb Winter spring about 0930 and then nothing till about 3 00pm (17.5 lb spring) both hatchery. The small one was really red and the big one had a lighter pink meat and outside color of...
  17. capncrunch

2010 Halibut Catch Recommendations

Have any of you people attacking the guides actually been out with them ???, All I know is that these guys work awfully damn hard for there money and just want to get some people who would not generally have the chance to experience something that we all take for granted. Besides all that kissy...
  18. capncrunch

Halibut

Not recommended to drift on constance. The bottom is too rocky and the currents too strong. I have tried and lost a bunch of gear to show for it. Try Oak Bay flats.
  19. capncrunch

Victoria reports - spring/summer 09

Hey Beemer, Buddy and I were drifting for hali there last week and both got hooked up and lost our gear right around that spot. It seemed to me that we were just a little North East of the spot you marked. My gps indicated that we were closer to the bend of that 33M troff that you put your mark...
Back