Search results

1. triplenickel

Merc Outboard power lift issues

Yep, green for grass and blue for sky.
  2. triplenickel

Driving an EV pickup

Probably uses the drive motors for regen.
  3. triplenickel

Island Fires

There's also large amounts of production shut in right now due to the fires.
  4. triplenickel

Strange Things you see at the Beach

Not sure but I know one can be Prime Minister!
  5. triplenickel

Sous Vide Newbie

You can definitely do a roast too long and ruin the texture. Steaks 2-6 hours no prob. When it comes time to sear I like to pat mine dry with a paper towel first.
  6. triplenickel

Solar to keep batteries charged

Sure it's true, that's why you mounted yours to a heat sink.
  7. triplenickel

Just an FYI on flexible panels, they’re the least efficient and will degrade the fastest due to heat build up from no air circulation below. Heat is the enemy of output. Although they can still be the best choice in some applications, just understand what you’re getting into and size...
  8. triplenickel

Courtenay-Campbell River Mountain Bike in Fishing

Agreed, one leads to the other.
  9. triplenickel

Have a look at Renogy stuff on Amazon, panels should be about $1 per watt delivered. Whatever you choose get an MPPT charge controller, they're a game changer compared to the old style PWM's they increase out put dramatically. Mono panels are better than poly's and bypass and blocking diodes are...
  10. triplenickel

Courtenay-Campbell River Mountain Bike in Fishing

Wowo is behind a gate with a security shack on it, you may be able to find a different way in if you're creative. It's been a few years since I was at Wolf and like you said it's right by the road, it looked like a garbage dump then. :(
  11. triplenickel

Kayak found on Upper Quinsam Lake

Owner found!
  12. triplenickel

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Haha, I was being nice!
  13. triplenickel

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

No, I think he’s over 200.
  14. triplenickel

Boat shelter best deal

Interesting, where from?
  15. triplenickel

There is something very, very wrong with today’s music. It just may not be very good

I like how they managed to list 5 songs/albums from the last 45 years that are still relevant like it’s the deciding factor, not much to brag about! Lol also the source is coming from an industry point of view and it reads like they’re losing market share. No surprise as the gatekeepers...
  16. triplenickel

Help! Can anyone tune a merc 2.5 motor by Thursday night???

This, SV is on it. Find the spec for your float height and set it. There’s usually three circuits on a carb, low, mid, and high. The main jet only comes into play when you’re wide open. Its not going to affect your idle. Also the main jet is the biggest passage in the circuits, idle is the...
  17. triplenickel

New boat build - 40 foot catamaran for end of 2022 delivery.

Oh interesting, I asked because I noticed the polish writing on the signs in the background of a few of your pics.
  18. triplenickel

Commander 26 Re Build

I think the proportions look way better with the top, keep it! People don't have to hang out up there all day every day, great storage and a perfect spot to sit and drink beer on a nice summer evening overnighter.
  19. triplenickel

INVERTERS..... WHY?

I don't know they're not that bad. I'll put mine in the tender with a few hundred feet of extension cord, hardly hear it when it gets to the end. If you have to join two cords make sure you use good tape like Scotch 88 to seal the plug.
  20. triplenickel

2022 Campbell River Reports

Ahhh I just realized I had a giant brain fart, there was a whole build thread! lol Great boat for $2 gas.
Back