Search results

1. Wondermur

@ 70 lb Hali on light gear - video

Yes power pro 30. The depth hunter with 25” colour changes.
  2. Wondermur

@ 70 lb Hali on light gear - video

It was a Lexa Winn. Wn300hsl from Memory. 30lb power pro depth hunter. I also have an hdLexa hd300hsl. They are great reels, level wind and wind and the clutch engages as soon as you wind which I really like in a slow pitch setup. We caught 12 Hali one morning between Prince Rupert and Caamano...
  3. Wondermur

Everyday post a photo of a reel you own.

I thought the one way drag models only had the new style Wingnut but this one has the original wingnut?
  4. Wondermur

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Looks good. Sounds good. Obviously the husband put up the ad, it’s all engines, helms, mechanicals and ribs and outside shots. Almost nothing of the interior or layout. Haha.
  5. Wondermur

Making seals popular

Interesting article. Hard to believe lobster used to be considered more a pet food than table dish. These seals need a shake-up, they are way to comfortable.
  6. Wondermur

20 foot Hourston prop recommendations?

Isn’t 16” a huge diameter for a 200hp? What gps speed were you doing at wide open throttle and 4000rpm? Also, Sometimes the rev counter has switch for 4/6/8 cylinder engine. If it is set wrong the reading will be off.
  7. Wondermur

Central Coast of BC: proposed national marine conservation area reserve

What does this do to to recreational fishing in this area?
  8. Wondermur

It's only money right??? Remote steering or Auto pilot?

You have a 30’ boat that is built like a tank and tracks like it’s on rails. The rest of us with 20’ boats or aluminums find the boat starts doing a u -turn if trolling into the wind or dropping one downrigger. Also great if zoning out a bit at the helm on the 11th hour fishing. I can generally...
  9. Wondermur

16’ Double Eagle Downrigger Install

Yes easy to check or set your downrigger drag. I swing the downrigger into the boat put a 15 lb and 18 lb on together and adjust the bottom nut until it slowly starts dropping at 33lbs. That will stop some of the bigger disasters from happening.
  10. Wondermur

Your Salmon Fisheries Are In Peril!- COMPLETE THE DFO SRKW SURVERY BEFORE FEBUARY 12TH

Filled out the survey. Mostly in relation to the north arm of the Fraser as I don’t know the other areas. Suggested that a 1000yard no-fishing-if-whales-are-nearby zone would be better for the Fraser mouths rather than blocking the north arm off. Unless this no fishing zone is really for First...
  11. Wondermur

Vancouver Boat Show 2024

Hadn’t been for 6-7 years. This year all I got was 4 spoons and Covid 😟
  12. Wondermur

Canned salmon

I leave the skin on and bones in. Salt and vinegar. Then when opened I dump it all out into a bowl and remove all the skin and the dark fat which has a taste and look I don’t like. Then I mash it up and present it to my wife. She is used to opening a can of tuna so I mimic that. My mother...
  13. Wondermur

Vancouver Boat Show 2024

Right. There are some other pontoon boats made in NZ so I was wondering if one of them might have started exporting. Senator Frewza and Kiwicraft are similar to Stabi. Another cool nz boat is the Surtees they have a deeper v and the bottom of the v at the stern has an opening to take on water...
  14. Wondermur

Vancouver Boat Show 2024

Where are the clones made?
  15. Wondermur

Tomic spoons

A couple of 2012 west coast killers there
  16. Wondermur

Fishing lodges recommendations

Well CC might be a new member and he sure has downloaded a lot of info and opinions for one day! But they are first hand experiences from a guy that has been to these places. Lots of good info in there if you are new to these lodges and deciding where to spend your time and $$. I like it!
  17. Wondermur

A problem shared is a problem halved. 👍🏻
  18. Wondermur

Your problem is not our concern if there are no pictures…
  19. Wondermur

Is trailering a boat from the north side of Victoria to Port Hardy and motoring to Rivers Inlet in one day realistic

in the past we have got ice at Boatland in Campbell River. They shovel it into your cooler. It is chip ice not salt ice. After hours there may still be a young guy there to help. Cove Fisheries has salt ice in Port Hardy. Call them to make sure someone is around before you go. Like Kaelc...
Back