Search results

1. P

Ucluelet or Port Alberni motel or airb&b with fish freezer

Has anyone stayed near these places while fishing and the place you stayed at had a freezer to keep your catch. Usually go to Alder Bay and use their on site freezers. Thanks
  2. P

What was being netted below mission bridge Apr 11

Did anyone else drive over the mission bridge on sunday and see the guys netting between the bridges? I thought we were closed to chinook retention to protect early season stocks of concern?
  3. P

Red spring turned whiteish when sprayed with fresh water?

Does anyone know why this happens? Lactic acid? Thanks
  4. P

ISO Richmond / Ladner August boat parking

Since it looks like I wont be able to make it over to the island this season, I was wondering if anyone had yard space or knows of a storage place to keep a 16' boat. I'm trying not to drive all the way from Mission to hit the sandheads area for the month of August when springs open. The back...
  5. P

Sockeye partner

With 2 little ones at home now getting the boat out is nearly impossible. If anyone needs a hand launching, paying for gas or running gear hit me with a pm maybe we can help each other out. I have my own rods lots of gear etc. Dying to get out at least once this year. I live in Mission but...
  6. P

Steveston Boat launch

Dose anyone use the Steveston harbour authority boat launch? Does the parking fill up fast on the weekends? Trying to avoid wellington on the low tide, its tough to get in and out with a bow rider. Thanks
  7. P

60 hp mercury stuck in gear???

Decided to swap out the impeller this weekend which was easy enough but I guess the gears shifted some how and now I cant get the prop to spin freely in neutral, its like its always stuck in forward. Its an older merc (early 90's) with the linkage on the inside of the leg if that helps. Does...
  8. P

Sea Foam question

My portable tanks are empty but id like to run the engine and clean the carbs a bit before being put away for winter. It may be just me but I found the seafoam directions a little hard to understand, how much should I add to say a gallon of gas? This is the first time Ive used this product I...
  9. P

North island reports

Im kinda new to the forum and thought the north island should get a reports section. I'll be heading to alder bay for 2 weeks in late july to early august, has anyone been up that way recently? Also wondering if there's a fuel dock closer than telegraph cove? maybe over on in alert bay? If...
Back