Search results

1. Birdsnest

Diesel Air Heaters

I've been running a espar D4 for over 12 years in my boat. Over the years I have replaced more than 3 thermostats, fuel pumps, and now I am having to replace a blower motor (400$) for the second time. This amidst a lot of maintanance of exaust pipes and air hoses. Note, aluminum tape is...
  2. Birdsnest

Scotty down rigger guts part?

What part it in the location of the red circle?
  3. Birdsnest

Petition: Open the boat launches in forestry and provincial campsites.

Having access to our local lakes and waterways is important for outdoor activity and our mental well being. It has been said time and again by our Provincial Health Officer that outdoor activity while physically distancing is important for our mental health and our Provincial Government has...
  4. Birdsnest

Canned Tuna Snacks

Those of us who are isolating are doing some things they've always wanted to do. With all this isolating I have be canning frozen salmon and tuna snacks. My vacuum sealing is pretty good but after a year I find the product against the bag is freezer tainted. I can taste it and smell it and I...
  5. Birdsnest

Corona Virus: What are you doing to contribute to reduce the curve?

I think this is an important second thread on the situation. The intent is to share ideas so we as individuals and groups can move forward aggressively on containing the virus. Im a single person so I have its fairly easy although it is still life altering. Ive developed 2 Walls of...
  6. Birdsnest

Fish farms carbon footprint among lowest affirms study

This article does not apply to closed containment. “Ocean-based salmon farms are powered largely by clean, limitless ocean currents rather than electricity and oil, which positions the industry to meet the world’s growing demand for healthy, nutrient-rich protein while reducing environmental...
  7. Birdsnest

Lowrance HDS 12 gen 3 Radar issue

Suddenly I find my radar targets are extremely low resolution and largely pixulated. Anyone ever see this before or know a fix. I have already went through all the settings to the best of my ability, gain, target expand, rain clutter, harbour/offshore etc. Nothing changes the low LOW quality...
  8. Birdsnest

Jonathan Wilkinson: A renewed approach to aquaculture

Interesting article which seems to clearly calls out AM and her BS misinformation on the PRV court case. This speaks to the issue between activist, the public and how the government struggles to make proper science based decisions while maintaining voter confidence. This issue of the...
  9. Birdsnest

Which fisheries are they talking about?

Seems unusual that they don't mention who is doing this fishing. Who and how much? Interesting to hear the two different perspectives. Who is right? The NGO or the DFO...
  10. Birdsnest

Peer Review concludes PRV transfer from Atlantic salmon farms poses minimal risk t

The scientific experts who peer reviewed the data and risk assessment reached a consensus that the risk to Fraser River sockeye salmon due to PRV is minimal. This is consistent with the conclusion of a 2015 CSAS report...
  11. Birdsnest

Could this be a step in the right direction for those lock out of public lakes on VI

Hopefully this is a start. https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-court-orders-access-to-public-lake-through-cattle-company-lands?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3KJZS_vhID2K_YJv2I71UUQzilPP-6Ev8baS_oQ0hITeNyJa_mEEL7ZZA#Echobox=1544232086
  12. Birdsnest

Batterie Questions

These questions are geared for my RV 1. I have two 6v batteries run in series (12v) that I just found totally dead and seem to be missing allot of liquid, down past the lead. If I top them up with distilled water and hit them with a charger is there any chance of recovery? 2. I have 2 pairs...
  13. Birdsnest

Boat stolen from Tofino area

This boat was stolen from the Tofino area during the last week and has a mid size newish merc on it. Pm you may have any information. Posted for a friend.
  14. Birdsnest

Netflix+Battlefish=Entertainment. Hint - albi fishin

Take a look at Battlefish the series new on Netflix. Enjoy
  15. Birdsnest

Andrew Trites: SRKW

I haven't watched it yet but for the most part when Andrew Trite speaks, it worth taking the time to listen.
  16. Birdsnest

Activist Facts

I suspect some here may find this interesting. https://www.activistfacts.com/organizations/225-tides-foundation-tides-center/
  17. Birdsnest

Review backs B.C.'s fish farm science, dismisses minister's concerns

http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/review-backs-b-c-s-fish-farm-science-dismisses-ministers-concerns VICTORIA — An independent review of a B.C. government scientific laboratory for its work on farmed fish concluded Thursday it was operating at a high standard, without any conflicts of...
  18. Birdsnest

To Many Salmon in the Sea

I hope those chefs who declared the ocean can sustain enough salmon for everyone get the opportunity to see this article and study. More and more evidence that Alaska, Japan and Russia are doing far more than minimal damage to natural salmon stocks in the pacific. And I invite this thread to...
  19. Birdsnest

Here. Have a laugh.

20. Birdsnest

Post edit info.

@Admin I have noticed that the edit info is no longer showing on the threads. For example when I would go back and edit a post I would be given an option to report a reason for the edit and the time and date of that edit would show. Has this been removed or is it broken. Just wondering. It...
Back