Search results

1. R

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Where is nearest place to Critter/Gold River to buy supplies? (Groceries and/or fishing gear.) Thx.
  2. R

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Windy.com too. Got roughed up. Even today, Friday.
  3. R

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

yes it is.....and still no fee machine available
  4. R

Christmas Wish List

Where would I tell Santa to go in Comox Valley to install new seats/upholstery in my Double Eagle?
  5. R

Bunks or rollers?

Again, same boat, 17.5 DE, any thoughts on comparing RoadRunner, Highliner or any others? Thx in advance. RM
  6. R

2016 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

There's a few Chum out there in 10-15 lb range
  7. R

Net Reviews

hey, We need a new net....don' ask why. Have been looking at Scotty 6'...seems to be a nice net. Also, for about same price, Gibb's 6'. Netting has a 'rubbery' feel tho. Might have an advantage with stuck hooks and releasing but need a few thoughts. Thx in advance. RM
  8. R

2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Ok..ok I'll let the cat out of the bag....some nice coho off Kye Bay yesterday(29th). About 4:1 wild over hatchery
  9. R

Fishing reel recommendations

Looking to replace our old Peetz reels. Want ones for downriggers. Reliable, functional a must. Don't need high end but willing to pay for right reel. What is best line/test to put on? All suggestions appreciated. Thx in advance. RM
  10. R

2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Was at Kitty Hump Friday aft for 3hours. Nothing going on. Fine day tho.
  11. R

How about seaweed? Friday it was unbearable Kitty to Lazo. Lots of guys mooching to avoid it.
  12. R

Browns Bay

has anyone heard of another run of sox at Kelsey bay? If so best bets for timing of reaching Brown Bay area? Also, if one searches for Springs in this area what are best prospects? Thx for any info. BTW, where is Green Sea? RM.
  13. R

Campbell River Reports 2014

as one who fishes Kitty hump, where exactly is Campbell River hump. Thx
  14. R

Replacement motor and options advice please

Wow! Thanks men. Lots of good info here. Will consider all options. Keep em coming! RM
  15. R

Replacement motor and options advice please

I have a older model (early 80's but in good shape) 17.5 Double Eagle. It currently has a 70 horse Evinrude and a 6.0 horse Johnson, both 2-stroke, both running and gas guzzlers. I have 2 portable 5 Gal tanks that I must pre-mix and pack in and out of boat. With this set-up I have no range. Am...
  16. R

Kitty Coleman 2013 reports

OK! thanks FA.....that should just about answer the question... Lol
  17. R

Just bumping up the thread....havn't been out in a while...anyone care to comment on hot, cold or in between?
  18. R

Geez FA..... I don't need a net to identify them, I don't want to kill or injure them, I don't hide unclipped fish, I don't think you are taking pictures of me and I don't think I'm that stupid. I was merely (you must be a pro with over 4000 posts) looking for a little help, as others have...
  19. R

I agree FA! Keep the nets in the boat boys and girls. I see lots of illegals come into boat and dont see them go back. Having said that, when are going to keep the odd wild one? Even if we have to mark our licence. How many of these throw backs survive? FA, can you give a lesson on releasing...
  20. R

Kitty Coleman Reports 2012

Any action amongst all the boats off Cape Lazo today??
Back