3. A

Fishing partner for Juan de Fuca Derby

Roberth I sent you a PM
  4. A

Salty Sockeye

Sorry I should have said the fresh sockeye from the meat counter
  5. A

Salty Sockeye

Hi All..Fellow I work with is complaining about the saltiness of Thriftys sockeye. Just wondering if they brine it or treat it with something..Thanks
  6. A

Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

Fished Oak Bay this morning, played 8 fish. The first 3 fish were dine and dash and 2 went to the seals(Craven manouver working great), we were getting pissed off with no fish in the boat (about the seals) Finally we ended up with a 12lb hatchery a 10lb wild and a 6 wild. Anchovy glow head, coho...
  7. A

Victoria reports Fall/Winter 2011/12

Fished waterfront about 9 on sat. morning. Not much happening, no bait showing(we did here of a 13lber caught before we got there) So we went to Constance Bank. Pretty much same as 2 weeks ago only the fish were smaller, a 12 ,8, &6. Released about five or so small fish(no cod). Wicked current...
  8. A

Started fishing at Mcauly point this morning but we were followed by a couple of seals. So we headed out to Constance Bank where we hit a 12, 10 and 6 and released 5 small springs as well as a bunch of small lings. Got the fish on anchovy, purple haze squirt, and a green speckled squirt. No...
  9. A

Fished Mcauly point to gravel pit today, played about ten fish ,all small except for an 8 and 5 that we kept. Got sealed twice, Craven manouver worked both times. On one of the seal episodes I got the salmon head back with my anchovy hanging out of the salmons mouth still intact so I sent it...
  10. A

Thanks R.S. Craven..Fished Constance Bank Sunday, played 9 fish only kept one @6lbs..Got sealed 3 times, tried Cravens idea, back off the drag slow boat down, no pressure on the fish let the seal eat and when hes done you get all your gear back. Worked 3 times in a row...
  11. A

Impurities in lead cannonballs

Hi All...What I meant by my question is do you think the lead ball could act like a battery if it has a mix of other metals and is in an electrolyte like salt water. Sorry for the confusion..Algae
  12. A

Impurities in lead cannonballs

Hi All..Does anybody have any thoughts about how impurities in lead cannonballs can affect voltage, or repel fish..Do cannonballs have to be pure lead...What about hali fishing with a stainless spreader bar and impure lead weight...Thanks Algae
  13. A

Looking at a boat

Thanks everybody..As usual lots of good info from people on this site. I guess I will Force myself to pass on this one..No Kaboooooooom for me...Algae
  14. A

Looking at a boat

Hi All..I am looking at a 17 foot 1997 Bayliner Capri cutty cabin, with a force 120 Merc. The guy says he has only used it about 6 times in the last 8 years only on the lake It comes with a no rust galvanised bunk type Easy Loader trailer. It has been kept under cover its entire life and is in...
  15. A

Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Out Saturday morning with my son from Prince George. A good easterly wind when we left West Bay Marina. Went to the flagpole and started fishing, passed over some large bait schools on the bottom, and picked up a 12 pounder. By the time we got to clover point the wind had switched to westerly...
  16. A

Dumb questions at the boat ramp

not at the ramp but years ago I had a client ask me if fish ever get thirsty. I had no answer, does anybody...
  17. A

Victoria Reports - Fall/Winter 2010/11

The cost to repair the corroded exhast system on a 225 Yamaha outboard. If you do a search on this forum it is well documented.
  18. A

No fishing for us today...Weather is not to nice and oh yea the motor is in getting the infamous $4500 Yamaha exaust repair...Back next weekend...
  19. A

Some pix from Sunday
  20. A

Constance Bank Sunday morning...12 fish on, let one small one go, one broken leader wrapped around motor, 4 were dine and dash ( we kept losing them on a ultra violet coyote spoon, we sharpened and bent the hook but they just would not stick) kept six.( all hatchery) One @ 4lbs. 4@ 7-8lbs. and...
Back