Search results

1. sushieater

WTB - Trim Unit or Shock Rod for 2010 mercury outboard bigfoot 4 stroke 60 hp

Posting for a friend located in Sooke. I'm on the lower mainland He picked up a boat last year and still trying to get tilt/trim working. 2010 mercury outboard big foot 4 stroke 60 hp He says the the ram rod cylinder and trim motor are fine, but needs new ram rod. Or may be interested in...
  2. sushieater

Trailer registration theft

I went to renew my boat trailer insurance today. The broker said they couldn't renew my insurance because I sold my trailer earlier this year. The trailer is now owned by someone else and is registered by them. I said it's in my driveway still and I haven't sold a trailer in years. They took all...
  3. sushieater

5x 24" box prawn traps

4x Westcoast tackle super 24" prawn traps 1x Bauer 24" prawn trap $450 for all 5 I didn't notice one brand fishing better than the other, In good shape. A couple seasons old. No weights or bait cans included. I'm going to switch to 18" traps as they will fit better on my small boat. Located...
  4. sushieater

Shimano Moocher reel old vs new

I'm cleaning up gear and wanted to replace the drag washers with the carbontex washers on all of my shimano mooching reels. I wanted to make sure I had them ID'd correctly as the washers are different. I thought the older reels didn't have the palming ring, but all of mine do. Newer style...
  5. sushieater

Yamaha Variable Trolling Switch (VTS) only working in neutral?

I made my own VTS cable/switch for my f50. I didn't see the need to spend $300 for a switch. My analog tach works fine, no need to upgrade to the yamaha digital tach with the built in vts controls. The switch works exactly as promised in neutral. By using the switch I can move the rpms in 50...
  6. sushieater

28-4 sponge reef closures

Heading to Porteau Cove this weekend with the boat. 28-4 has a few sponge reef closures. The main one (Defence Islands, not East Defence Islands) and is situated along that ridge between Defense islands and porteau cove and is described with 'Bottom Contact Fisheries Restrictions', but all the...
  7. sushieater

rockfish id help

I released this small rockfish from <50' of water off of Saturna/Tumbo last year. It's been bugging me that I still can't say for sure what species it was. It was a juvenile so probably makes it harder. I've gone through the dfo/washington websites and still not sure. Today I just got the island...
  8. sushieater

prop change - overpropped

I have a 16' zodiac rib that I bought this spring. Boat and motor only weigh about 1000lbs. Side console. 2007 Yamaha f50 came with the boat. Currently running 11.25"x14 prop. I only do 20-22 knots top speed. Sometimes less. I have a hard time getting on plane with 4 adults. I recently added a...
  9. sushieater

Howe Sound halibut

I was by Anvil island last weekend and it looked like a few boats were halibut fishing. I didn't get too close but that's what it looked like to me and halibut looked open if I read the regs correctly? Is there good halibut fishing in Howe Sound? I see there's the sponge reef closures that you...
  10. sushieater

prawning/pinks near porteau cove

I've heard there's great prawning around porteau cove. I'll be up there mid august and was wondering if I should bring the prawn nets or if will have been fished out by now. I'll probably bring the 12' aluminum so will be pulling by hand. Any suggestions on where to set traps? There's 200' of...
  11. sushieater

29-10 fishing regulations

Can anyone help me figure out what this means from the fishing regulations? A picture couldn't hurt :-) from: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s29-eng.html#coho Subarea 29-3 and that portion of Subarea 29-10 easterly of a line from the Tango 10 Light Buoy, then to the...
  12. sushieater

Old Scotty blue Saltaire Downrigger

I was recently given a couple of the old style scotty manuals call the Saltaire. These are the blue ones with the short boom that look like this http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pair-of-Scotty-Saltaire-Downriggers-w-Counter-Very-Nice-Fishing-Metal-Line-Boat-/350885105318 Anyone have much experience...
Back