Search results

1. sushieater

Tell Your Best Joke

2. sushieater

WTB - Trim Unit or Shock Rod for 2010 mercury outboard bigfoot 4 stroke 60 hp

Posting for a friend located in Sooke. I'm on the lower mainland He picked up a boat last year and still trying to get tilt/trim working. 2010 mercury outboard big foot 4 stroke 60 hp He says the the ram rod cylinder and trim motor are fine, but needs new ram rod. Or may be interested in...
  3. sushieater

Trailer registration theft

I went to renew my boat trailer insurance today. The broker said they couldn't renew my insurance because I sold my trailer earlier this year. The trailer is now owned by someone else and is registered by them. I said it's in my driveway still and I haven't sold a trailer in years. They took all...
  4. sushieater

Random fishing tackle

You talked me into it. Wish I had seen this ad last night while I was already heading there!
  5. sushieater

Cone zones / shortbus and randoms

I'll take those. Thanks!
  6. sushieater

5x 24" box prawn traps

Bump. Price drop. $420
  7. sushieater

Big Fish - Big Spoons or Plugs?

Can you run a plug 50' back on one side and a flasher/hootchie at normal 15/20' setback on the other side without them tangling?
  8. sushieater

Anybody fished old Les Davis Cut Plug 5" lure before?

I inherited these 4" and 5" les davis plugs. Should these be fished or kept on a shelf? They aren't mint, but pretty close
  9. sushieater

5x 24" box prawn traps

4x Westcoast tackle super 24" prawn traps 1x Bauer 24" prawn trap $450 for all 5 I didn't notice one brand fishing better than the other, In good shape. A couple seasons old. No weights or bait cans included. I'm going to switch to 18" traps as they will fit better on my small boat. Located...
  10. sushieater

Shimano Moocher reel old vs new

Ah, I thought the "waterproof drag" was a selling feature of the new 4000s and the old ones didn't have it. Same with the paddles. Reel #3 is probably an old 4000 then. Thanks!
  11. sushieater

Shimano Moocher reel old vs new

I'm cleaning up gear and wanted to replace the drag washers with the carbontex washers on all of my shimano mooching reels. I wanted to make sure I had them ID'd correctly as the washers are different. I thought the older reels didn't have the palming ring, but all of mine do. Newer style...
  12. sushieater

Scotty Dual Rod Holders

The 347 seems to be discontinued. I can't see it on scotty's website. I would guess similar concerns with this setup?
  13. sushieater

Yamaha Variable Trolling Switch (VTS) only working in neutral?

I made my own VTS cable/switch for my f50. I didn't see the need to spend $300 for a switch. My analog tach works fine, no need to upgrade to the yamaha digital tach with the built in vts controls. The switch works exactly as promised in neutral. By using the switch I can move the rpms in 50...
  14. sushieater

28-4 sponge reef closures

I think I found confirmation that 'Defence Islands' is open for trolling. https://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/oceans/ceccsr-cerceef/closures-fermetures-eng.html
  15. sushieater

28-4 sponge reef closures

Heading to Porteau Cove this weekend with the boat. 28-4 has a few sponge reef closures. The main one (Defence Islands, not East Defence Islands) and is situated along that ridge between Defense islands and porteau cove and is described with 'Bottom Contact Fisheries Restrictions', but all the...
  16. sushieater

Pickled Pink Salmon

Thanks for this! I really enjoyed how it turned out. I doubled the brine recipe and 4 pinks made 8 pints. I wish I had kept more pinks now. Norwegian friends were saying they salt the fish in the same way, but then cover in olive oil instead of pickling.
  17. sushieater

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

fished SH from 10 to 415. 17lb chinook @ 69' on herring hatch coho @ 69' herring 19lb chinook @ 88' white hootchie We had the three on board by 1145 and then dead. A beautiful wild coho at 88' on herring around 2 was the only other action on the day
  18. sushieater

Fished SH from 5 to dark sunday night. Slower than saturday night but 3 guys each managed to land a spring. Caught the last one 15 minutes after sunset, which never happens for us, but we try anyways. Now we're never going to be able to leave early. 1 screamer lost far from boat. 1 jack spring...
  19. sushieater

Fished 430 to dark at sandheads. Pretty steady with 5 springs, 1 pink and a wild coho to boat. Lost 3 springs. 40' got the first 4 fish and 69' got the rest
  20. sushieater

Fished 11-315 at sandheads. Hooked 8 pinks at all depths. They especially loved the small anchovy. A little before 3 we lost a 20lb+ at the boat with my rookie buddy on the net getting a few cracks at it. 69' Always painful when it's slow and you don't make it count. Kept us going for a bit and...
Back