Search results

1. 0

Shimano Convergence (Pending) & Fenwick HMX 10'6" rods for sale

Two rods, barely used. Med/Heavy Action. In Victoria. Must Pick up this weekend (sorry leaving town on Tues.) morning. $50 each or BOTH for $80 Txt/Call: two-five-zero eight-nine-three six-seven-four-four Thanks Daniel
  2. 0

Saanich police hope to hook up fishing bag found in Cordova Bay with owner

https://www.vicnews.com/news/saanich-police-hope-to-hook-up-fishing-bag-found-in-cordova-bay-with-owner/
  3. 0

Weekend away in Sooke...without fishing, but...

Thanks for having a look. Just looking for suggestions! A good friend and I are looking to give his father in law a 'guys weekend out', as a break and some enjoyment! They moved from Calgary to Victoria a few years ago as his wife's MS progressed to the point they couldn't live on there...
  4. 0

Fall Mushroom Picking - how is everyone doing?

Lots of us do this every fall, so thought I'd start a thread. Obviously no one is going to give up exact locations, but some general findings always are good to share :) Being from Vic, I pick Chanterelles mostly in areas west of Sooke and west, west of Sooke :) First trip was about 6 weeks...
  5. 0

Tips on fishing Cayo Santa Maria - Cuba

Heading down for a few weeks at the beginning of April and wondered if anyone has chartered out of Santa Maria? Hoping for a 'shared' boat. There seems to be a fair bit of info on shore casting or fishing from the bridges/causways locations, anyone have experience with this? Or general tips...
  6. 0

Vacuum sealer bags - 8" x 12" 4mm for sale

These are commercial grade 4mm, 8” x 12” bags that work in all external clamp vacuum sealing machines (Food Saver type). These bags work great! Every bag seals, in my experience, so no wasted bags and you can use an inexpensive machine. I am personally buying these in bulk to benefit SVIAC...
  7. 0

Punta Cana trip

Fished out of Punta Cana last month, so thought I'd post up a report. The trip wasn't fishing focused, but we did get out one day, so might help anyone considering a trip to Punta Cana We stayed at Bahia Principle resort...
  8. 0

Cuba - any unused tackle?

I am heading to Cuba at the end of June and having seen this type of post on other forums, I thought I would try it here. As I am sure you are aware, there is very limited access to and a financial inability, to get any (decent?) fishing equipment in Cuba, for regular Cubans. So I thought I...
  9. 0

Group purchase of 4 Mil, 8"x12" vacuum bags...?

...Thank you everyone who responded to this thread... It was unfortunate the timing of pickup corresponded with the upgrade of the software; but the new site does look great. Prior to the upgrade, I recorded everyone's request from the thread, so I do have a record of your order. The majority...
  10. 0

Cuba - Information on locations, guides, resorts for a Oct/Nov trip?

A buddy and I are considering a fishing trip to Cuba this fall and hope some of you could help out. I have searched the site and got some great info. Researched (googled) cuba fishing and found some good info. Avalon, seems to dominate the guide business? But are there other options...
  11. 0

Tree Service in Victoria – suggestions?

I have a dozen Leyland cypress trees (approx. 40ft) that I want topped and thinned. I used Bartlett, when I first bought the house 10 years ago, and was pleased with the work. But friends have since suggested Davey as being cheaper OR find a good independent (insured and bonded) guy that would...
  12. 0

Regulations on US residents returning with fish?

I have friends coming up from Ohio and Boston, for a few days of fishing, in August. They will be going home with fish (either theirs or gifted). What is required for them to fly back home, with the fish? [I have searched and read all the threads on: Out of country licenses - that is...
  13. 0

Gordon Davies collection of - Hardy Rods and Reel & Sage Rod

I acquired these items from a friend, who was Gordon’s niece. I am now putting them up for sale, in a variety of places. If you are seriously interested, please pm me. I will then photograph them as requested. I am located in Victoria. Hardy 10’ 10 mooching rod (circa 1970-80)). I believe...
  14. 0

Look forward to sharing great days on the water.

First post! I have to say Englishman you are the reason I decided to share, thank you for the excellent comments and stories. Last year I followed the posts but never felt I could contribute; it was my first year with a boat. That said I had a lot of incredible help from a few good friends...
Back