Search results

1. C

2021 Gulf Island Reports

prawning was average. 130;in 3 hrs. Crabbing slower than expected. got a couple. Salmon - 2 undersize at wain. seemed slow. Beautiful day. wind came up but was ok. Maybe see you there tomorrow...
  2. C

2021 Gulf Island Reports

Nice talking to you at the dock this morning. Glad you got into some fish!!
  3. C

2018 Sooke Reports

Promised a report.... Headed out at about 9:30 this morning with the hopes of getting into a couple decent sized unclipped coho. On our way to the crowd we noticed a humpback whale just off the head. My daughter has never seen a humpback from the boat (many Orcas though), so we decided to stop...
  4. C

2018 Sooke Reports

Thank you. Father daughter fishing day tomorrow. I wanted to be sure.... Will let you know how we do... Good luck...
  5. C

2018 Sooke Reports

does anyone know if unclipped coho are ok to catch in Sooke tomorrow - I can't seem to confirm on Fisheries site.. Thank you...
  6. C

2018 Sooke Reports

That was us. Thanks.(Double Eagle). We had a an epic battle with a seal trying to steal our second one. Almost netted a salmon and a seal! We won the battle this time. 77 ft on skinny G Spoons. Fast troll. Good luck!
  7. C

2017 Nanaimo Reports

OK, Thanks. Reasonable to assume then that these fish might be around for a while - assuming groceries are available....
  8. C

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Got 4 today 120-160 on bait. Lost another 4. Only one undersize today. Largest about 12. All white or marbled. The fish seem to be very immature. Does anyone have a theory as to where the majority of these fish are heading to? All of ours were unclipped. How old are they most likley to be at...
  9. C

2017 Sidney Reports

That sucks about the prawning - I wonder how others are doing in the inlet? We were out opening day and had a small haul but it was fun. 4 traps 4 hours 150 prawns... Is that what others are averaging?
  10. C

Herring Jigging Comox Fanny Bay Denman?

Looking for a place to jig herring from shore (or near to shore with a small row boat) between Chemainus and Parksville this weekend. Anyone know of spots that are in spawn right now in that stretch that are accessible from shore? Thanks.
  11. C

Reporting others fishing in an RCA.

I have stopped and talked to many different people fishing at Patey Rock RCA over the last couple years. The first time the people claimed ignorance and moved on - smiling the whole time. The next time I stopped and talked to someone fishing there, he just looked at me a basically said "F^&"...
  12. C

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Well, I'm sure it wasn't 15 either. But that's the story we're gonna tell. Biggest coho she's ever caught. I'm sure it will get even bigger over time. I would think that if it had weighed just under 12 with no guts, the two big sperm sacs, the stomach contents (two large 5 inch herring) and...
  13. C

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Out Saturday, Fishing 500+ feet. 77 feet down with White hootchie and Ab and Al #1 (digging through the old stuff and wanted to give it a try). 10 minutes in we got this one. We cleaned it on board but it weighed 11.8 dressed. I'm calling it 15, mostly cause my wife caught it and picked the...
Back