Search results

1. G

First time fly fishing

I started 2 years ago, with the same setup, 5 wt and 9 ft taken it to NZ, Germany, caught browns, bows, and pinks on the campbell, with the same 20 flies from 2 years ago
  2. G

Lingcod

Thanks everybody! I'm going on a trip with my dad in an hour or so, to go fish for these. thanks for the tips! do you just jig the herring with an ounce of lead, or what?
  3. G

Dogfish

In germany its called "Shillerlocke" and its smoked dogfish
  4. G

Strangest thing you have found in the stomach of a fish

NZ brown trout with two mice in it's gut
  5. G

Lingcod

I love these fellas, had some problems trying to catch them lately. nayone wanna share their techniques/secrets?
  6. G

fishing sole/flounder from a boat

small hoochie with 3 ounces of lead, jigged on the bottom. caught countless litle ones and a 70 hali in a kayak that way
  7. G

Crab bait?

lingcod scraps
  8. G

Fishing Island View Beach

I'm planning a fishing trip with my dad, anyone got an idea of what to expect topography/gear/fish wise there? we were thinking of going halibut/lingcod/greenling. any help is appreciated. Thx :)
  9. G

will a jig head with a worm catch fish

works with perch at elk lake, and prettey much anywhere else in the world
  10. G

herring

im restricted to brentwood bay from shore... any ideas/ times?
  11. G

Your all time historic favotite spoon?

len thompson yellow n red
  12. G

Winter Freshwater Fishing

no, i was on shore by the big log prettey early, like 7 45 and didnt see you (not that i noticed)
  13. G

herring

anyone have any idea of when the herring come in this year?
  14. G

Winter Freshwater Fishing

went to durrance lake and caught a good sized trout on a green wolly bugger and a 2 lb bass on a purple clouser minnow
  15. G

Flyfishing inshore VI

Hello, i was wondering if there is any good inshore flyfishing on vancouver island... went out to brentwood bay dock and caught 5 greenling in the 5 ounce class but looking for something more exiting.....
  16. G

flyfishing durrance lake

i was wondering if anyone has any idea of the conditions now
  17. G

Trout Fishing VI

hello, I was wondering if anyone could share some tips for trout fishing on vancouver island. thanks, gonefishin
  18. G

Durrance Lake

what do you use? powerbait? Worms? gonefishin
  19. G

Durrance Lake

I was wondering if anyone has been at durrance lake and knows what the conditions will be like for april 15-30 as i will be taking my scout troop there. we are aiming for trout but would'nt mind a bass or pumkinseed. Thanks, gonefishin
  20. G

Your First Fish and Your most exciting fish

my first fish was at wells gray on my 4th birthday and it was a huge (at the time) 1lb rainbow most exciting fish was a 35 lb halibut caught out of a kayak from quatsino sound last august. It managed to straighten out the hook but hey, there's a story to last a lifetime
Back