Search results

1. C

2019 Port Hardy Reports

Thanks guys! I in no way thought I was doing anything wrong and felt a wee bit trolled on by Mr Mirage(no pun intended)..I kinda wanted to see how this played out before responding. Two licenses. Two fish. That is how I read it in the regs. Its not like I'm taking my son out kicking and...
  2. C

2019 Port Hardy Reports

Hit Duval with my son this morning. Lines in at 0645. Started at cowards corner trolling towards the lodge. Trolled past most of the fleet around the witches tree, seen 1 net out. Trolled on past submarine rock and along the lodge wall with nothing but a shaker. Made the turn at the lodge rock...
  3. C

First Day With A Spey Rod

I can't believe all the hate coming from the gear crowd towards spey anglers on here. Let's be completely honest catching steelhead on drift gear is, in most cases, the easiest method to catch them and where most people start. Once becoming proficient at hooking steelhead on gear it's a natural...
  4. C

2018 Port Hardy Reports

Was out this morning for 4 hrs. Decent bite came on around 0630. Lots of guys hooking up. Picked up one chinook around 15lbs. After the morning "bite" there were still the odd guy hooking into a chinook and a few decent coho to keep busy. Couldn't get my second chinook but picked up a 6lb wild...
  5. C

Sockeye on the way

Super stoked for sockeye!!
  6. C

2017 Chinook Salmon - how was your season ?

Spent most of my time around Cliffe Pt. in WH. Late June and July was really good quite a few limit days. Fishing started slowing down in August. Got plenty for the freezer. Some beautiful days out on the water out there. It's not always about the kill count. Rather be sitting on a boat fishing...
  7. C

Nitnat Lake?

Making a trip down island to visit family. Was wanting to get my old man out for a day fishing. First time out since major heart surgery. Was wondering if the fish are in at Nitnat yet. Have never fished there. I'm aware that it is a cut plug show and most of the fishing is around the narrows...
  8. C

What kind of Braided line??

Suffix 832 is my favorite for casting. Super light and best coating on the market. With each strand being impregnated with gore tex.
  9. C

2017 Winter Harbour Reports

Not a problem. If they are there and you do come up. Pop down the inlet. I'll be in the 14ft lifetimer with the yammi. I'll even be nice enough to throw a couple of my secret weapons you're way. I make the's lures that those tight lipped river bound coho can't resist. Be sure to bring a light...
  10. C

Heard rumors that the coho have started to show up in the sound in some numbers. Heading out there tomorrow evening (Rupert Arm). Will post an update if I get some service.
  11. C

2017 Sooke Reports

http://www.supertackle.info/category/sub/2/hooks-leaders/81/supertackle-zap-siwash-kirbed-hooks Try these for you spoons! Been using them for the past season a half and have yet to have one pop off! Pretry cheap as well. Will never go back to gami siwash.
  12. C

Fished Cliffe Pt. on Friday and Tuesday last week. Fishing was steady. Went 3 for 4 on the Friday on quality fish around 20# with a few coho on the tide line. Fished solo Tuesday, went 2 for 3 losing a nice one in the kelp and bonked a 10 and a 12. Spoons out fished bait for us.
  13. C

Last Shot At Winter Steelhead---Fish ****!

tried to put to pics one didn't send
  14. C

Last Shot At Winter Steelhead---Fish ****!

And here I was thinking this would be a thread with people posting pics of their April steelhead, not a debate on the ethics of c&r. So In an attempt to get this back on track here's a pick of one of my steelhead caught on home tied jigs last week. Was sure nice to see some fresh fish this late...
  15. C

7" Anchovy

Yeah I've been using small herring I dipped at work so far, about 3.5-5". They look small and I have to troll a lil faster to make em' roll the way I want, but they were doin 2/1 against the the Rhys Davis chovys I had running on the other side. Most guys would look at them and laugh because...
  16. C

Port Hardy Reports

Fished Duval this morning for 4 hours. Went two for three all on anchovies, 8 and 12lbs. Still waiting for the big hogs to show up.
  17. C

Port Hardy Reports

I'm sure you'll see me out there if you fish Duval this weekend. I'll be in the 14ft lifetimer with the Mariner on the back. Hopefully its a bent-rod, reel screaming kinda weekend!!
  18. C

Port Hardy Reports

The Fishing in and around Hardy bay has been steadily picking up for springs over the past few weeks. Went out twice last time out of camp, 1 for 2 on the first day, 2 for 3 the second. Fish between 10-15lbs. All fish caught inside of Duval. I don't have a big enough boat to make the run out to...
  19. C

Fisherman's Wharf boat launch in Port Hardy?

Not to side track, but this is a fishing forum. The fishing is definitely picking up. Went 2 for 3 inside the bay in about 4hrs fishing today.
Back