Search results

1. 2

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Does anyone know why DFO decided to stop the rention of wild chinook up to 67 cm after March 1? This is the first year this has happened, but nothing is being said about it (?). As I remember, this notice was designed to protect the early run of Fraser River chinook, which were assumed to be...
  2. 2

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

This is all costs considered – cost of insurance, costs of repairs, initial price of car, etc. Not just the cost of charging. Just by coincidence, Hertz is selling off their EV’s and buying gas powered cars to replace them – that should tell you something. Rental giant Hertz dumps EVs...
  3. 2

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

This is an overall cost comparison of driving on EV compared to a gas powered car, in the US. Pump gas has dropped 25 percent since this article was written (August 2023) – so the difference is much greater today...
  4. 2

Early Halibut Opening

Anyone have info on when recreational halibut will open in 2024?
  5. 2

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

We did a trip out to Constance yesterday - the drop off at the south end was the most productive. 80 feet on the DR . The waterfront was dead.
  6. 2

Dirty Cyber Truck

You could save some money and build one out of plywood
  7. 2

Driving an EV pickup

Well, here is another horror story……and it’s an EV, and a pickup, and it ‘supposed to tow. Even Elon Musk admits he dug his own grave creating this thing that a 3 year old must have designed...
  8. 2

Driving an EV pickup

Solid-state batteries are the next big thing for EV’s – they’re “predicting” 500,000 mile life and 600 mile range. They are also at least 10 years away before they are ready for the average car.
  9. 2

Driving an EV pickup

Tesla’s are also a nightmare to have collision repair done - wait time and cost. Insurance premiums are much more expensive when compared to the average car.
  10. 2

Driving an EV pickup

Tesla's are one off the worst for being written off for battery damage................ https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42709679/tesla-insurance-fixes-expense/
  11. 2

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

maybe it was $800,000.00 down the...."toilet"
  12. 2

..........yes, that's right
  13. 2

We tried three prawn traps today off Parry Bay, and we tried trolling off Albert Head in the morning. Caught two springs off Albert Head up to 8 pounds, and released several small springs. Lots of bait showing on the sounder. The prawn trap results though, were (another) disaster – less than 10...
  14. 2

It's always good to hear fishing reports........good or bad
  15. 2

Driving an EV pickup

Did you use the defroster/heater while you were driving? (off the charger) how much did it affect you're range?
  16. 2

4 downrigger spacing

Yes, I run three downriggers (quite often). I only run 2 downriggers if the weather is bad, or the fish are biting nonstop (not very often). No problem doing tight turns, just speed the motor up to keep the the finned weights separated, and I have the middle set rod up higher than the 2 two side...
  17. 2

Driving an EV pickup

I asked about the Lightning at the Ford dealer on the Island Highway last year. I remember the salesman said the last one they sold, was .....$154,000.00 out the door.
  18. 2

2023 Sooke Reports

Anyone have info on the coho derby results?
  19. 2

Anchored off the mud flats today in 310 feet of water. We only got one hit for the day, but it was a good one -125cm and 60 pounds. No dogs, rats, or skates.
  20. 2

2023 Sooke Reports

We have had many good hatchery coho this September. Maybe the survival rate has improved this year? I’m sure the other guides will do very well.
Back