Search results

1. W

Port Hardy September Fishing Opportunities

out to duval the other day with 3 young kids; in about 3 hrs they landed 5 springs to 25 lbs;; two were white ones ;; yesterday son went out with wife at about ten ' back home at two with three ; another white;;most years duval has a few larger springs in early sept for those with a bit of patience
  2. W

2015 Tuna Adventures

that's a promfret a very good tasty eating fish maybe better than the tuna you are after
  3. W

Tuna Fishers watch your posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think 20 is a bit much; how many grouse or deer can you kill how many clams can you dig; I know its fun just as wolves like to hunt at nite; not even allowed to cut a Christmas tree' you people need to get real
  4. W

Sperm whales target fishing boats for an easy meal

whales don't eat them all they leave the smaller ones to the fishermen... just take the biger ones they are fussy about what they eat; sometimes the lips are left on the hooks
  5. W

Fish soup's

open can campbells cream of potato soup add a few small chunks fish viola very good fish soup no sweat !!
  6. W

No ISA in BC CFIA

rivers inlet once held the second best sockeye runs on the west coast...where have they gone..only a few remances remain .. Morton found isa in smolts from there. likely a good place for cfia to look..but do they
  7. W

big Tom Mack Spoons.

smaller sizes are good producers
  8. W

2014 Tuna Adventures

commercial tuna fleet fishing to the north;;best to try off masset or queen charlotte city; or dellwood hills!!
  9. W

North Island / Port Hardy SOCKEYE

sockeye are long gone only late stragglers left. try area 29 mouth of fraser river
  10. W

North Island / Port Hardy SOCKEYE

test boat had 20000 socs yesterday he is fishing just below telegraph cove
  11. W

Missing Chinooks......

for the first troll opening in Alaska was 6 days for aproximatey 250000 kings average size was 10 lbs
  12. W

Winter Harbour

having ran marble river hatchery for about 10 yrs I do know something about marble river chinooks ... they show at cliff point in mid aug and at river mouth in sept and later no earlier runs and no 100 pounder was caught to my knowledge
  13. W

Port Hardy Reports

lots of good sized springs out at cache creek just past cape sutil limits by 9.30 each morning follow charter fleet to find spot;
  14. W

Bella Bella FN vs. DFO/Herring fleet

roe on kelp operations are not as clean as natives would like people to think; sometimes overcrowding fish in pens to get them to start spawning results in the whole pen of herring to die; in this case all are dumped and just start again; the only clean way is to have open pens strung with kelp...
  15. W

SFI Newsletter April

I think the same system is now in place in Alaska
  16. W

Bella Bella FN vs. DFO/Herring fleet

my understanding of this issue is simple a few years ago minister of fisheries signed a memorandum to salmon farms that herring or other fish would be made available; as needed for feed for salmon farms;... lately dfo has been approving more farms ; ect ; but feed for these farms is not ...
  17. W

Canned Salmon Issues

bellys of salmon are more fatty than the back body meat;; thus are a better and tastier product
  18. W

Black Cod Fishing

most likely they were blackcod--small ones 2 to 3 pounders can be caught off cannery docks in port hardy most summers; not the last year tho
  19. W

Halibut Measuring Made Easy

hardest part of measuring halibut is catching one first
  20. W

Northern Coho

some coho stay in Georgia strait all of their lives; others go past port hardy and out to the ocean where more food is available; and come back in late aug and sept and are a lot bigger than stay at home; these are northerns
Back