Search results

1. M

using ethernet to connect lowrance lcx 112 to a lawrence hds

Ive talked to both a guy and girl at harbor chandler, both were very helpful. As soon as I did the software upgrade there was zero issues with connectivity. without the software there is no option in the menu to use a different sonar source. The issue wasn't about recognizing the HDS, it...
  2. M

thanks for the help everyone. I figured it out! For those who are interested: Your LCX 112c needs to have been updated to version 2.5. to do this you need to download the software update from the lowrance website onto an SD card. after you download and save the file to your SD card you need...
  3. M

yep. electronics person from harbor chandler, who is awesome BTW, told me the two units are compatible and sonar info can be shared through an Ethernet cable. I'm sure they could explain how to navigate this problem but I thought I would try here first. I have read a lot of success stories...
  4. M

yeah from what I have been told, if you only have two devices then there is no need for a hub. I am just looking for info on how to navigate through the menu and make it so my LCX can display the sonar image. I'm normally pretty good with this stuff but I must be missing something. . . when...
  5. M

does anyone on here have any experience connecting two chartplotters via an ethernet cable? I have a lowrance LCX 112 and lowrance HDS. I just installed a new transducer and I would like to use the older LCX as a screen to display either sonar or gps. I have been told multiple times that this...
  6. M

prawn traps

i have a couple lines of these traps I bought. They are decent, SS and do fish well, however they are not the same quality as a commercial trap. I think the SS on these are a touch thinner, the traps are a little lighter overall. That being said they cost less so i think if you want to save...
  7. M

airmar p66 transducer (woops!)

i knew i wasn't the only one! It should come with a warning.
  8. M

shoots thanks for the good idea but supplies are scarce at the moment. I did some jimmy rigging with some 300lb mono looped through the screw holes and was able to break it free. If anyone else is tinkering with this unit, do not attach the transducer to the mount while it is free from your...
  9. M

I just purchased a p66 transducer. I was checking it out and seeing how it mounts while in my kitchen, and like an idiot I snapped the transducer down into the mount. Now I can not unsnap it and it cant be mounted if its together. The method of detaching the two parts that is described in...
  10. M

lowrance 83/200khz transducer

thanks, I agree, from what I know the 50/200 is a better choice, but I am curious if anyone has any specifics they can offer about the 83khs other than what is stated on the website (angle, beam width. . .) haha, i'm starting to get a clear picture here though, the P66 is a good upgrade...
  11. M

lowrance 83/200khz transducer

hello all I know this question has been asked but I can't find an good answer. . . I have a lowrance HDS 5 GPS/FF unit. The transducer it came with is 83/200khz--Can I get some feedback from people that have experience with using the 83khs frequency in the ocean around Vancouver Island...
  12. M

area 24/124 chinook closure

I have a question for all those people familiar with fishing this area. I am trying to understand the closure boundaries that define the area where you can continue to keep Chinook after August 1st. I have been told that the line is approximately 1 mile seaward of the surf line. However there...
  13. M

area 24/124 chinook closure

I have a question for all those people familiar with fishing this area. I am trying to understand the closure boundaries that define the area where you can continue to keep Chinook after August 1st. I have been told that the line is approximately 1 mile seaward of the surf line. However there...
  14. M

Record smashing Bluefin tuna

what an awesome fish! Not saying if the article is true or not. . . but, tuna burn is pretty unpredictable. sometimes tuna that are landed and iced within an hour are ruined while other tunas of the same size are completely mistreated but shown no signs of burn. Its pretty interesting--some...
  15. M

Halibut anchoring ????

yep I agree with trophywife--it is really important to know your drift before you lower your anchor, its not always straight forward. Also trying to predict ways that your boat is going to behave when you set your anchor and while you fish or whatever is pretty important if you want to stay...
  16. M

Halibut anchoring ????

thanks guys, I get the picture now from all your similar but different set-ups--it removes the need to walk up front and deal with your anchor which can be a pain and at times dangerous and it uses your boats strength instead of your back. also allow you to operate things yourself...
  17. M

Halibut anchoring ????

ok, I might be opening up a whole can of worms here. . .I have been trying to figure out this halibut anchor system from reading but I am completely confused. Could someone describe the set up? Also what is the advantage of it--it seems like a lot of rigging and floats when you could just...
  18. M

Help- GPS/Chart plotter problems

thansk for all the input gang, its all helpful. Battle bay--thanks for that searun--is the chip really going to be responsible for the module not working. I have tried the reboot and taking the card out and putting it back in, but maybe not in the order you suggested. . .the map functions...
  19. M

Help- GPS/Chart plotter problems

thanks. Yep the more i research this problem the more i realize it is a common issue with this module. I have disconnected the entire unit several times with no change, I have tried to check the volts but me and electrical don't mix. The unit itself works great--besides the GPS--is it...
Back