Search results

1. FishNmemories

Wanted Navionics Gold MSD/2XG

I have a Lowrance HDS5 Gen2 and I'm looking for a Navionics Gold Card MSD/2XG, which is coastal Canada and SE Alaska. if you have one drop me a PM or please post a reply. Thanks
  2. FishNmemories

Pilchards spawning in Esperanza area??

We were talking to a fella in Zeballos that was telling us about the Pilchards spawning in the local waters. The commercial boys fish for them and deliver the pilchards in the town, which are trucked out to be processed. We were told that the pilchards are late coming into the inlet this year...
  3. FishNmemories

Kelsey Bay

My Gal and I made a trip up island to the Sayward/Kelsey Bay for 4 days. It was blowing hard last Thur, Fri, but we got out for part of the day on Sat. We only bottom fished for some cod and picked up a nice ling and red snapper... no hallies though. Sunday blew up again, one local boat took...
  4. FishNmemories

Coolest Guy at the Boat Ramp

This vid... is not what I was expecting, but it is a pretty "Cool" idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mg2zYoV4XQ
  5. FishNmemories

Coho Management Review Now Under Way

This newspaper article by Jeremy Maynard (Ardent Angler, for the North Islander), contains stats that show how dramatically coho harvests rates, “fell off a cliff” after the mid 90’s. Citing , “an average annual catch of a half a million or more coho from the inside coastal waters”, we all can...
  6. FishNmemories

Top Players Discuss Shipping Alberta's Oil to East Coast of Canada

"With Keystone and Gateway in political limbo, pipeline advocates turn to Canada’s East Coast" seems like top analysts and former BOC Governor David Dodge think its a good idea to move Alberta's Bitumen through pipelines to eastern canada where Irving oil refineries already exist...I'm ok...
  7. FishNmemories

Judge orders pre-sentence report in fisheries case involving a FN

It seems pretty straight forward, but as it is a FN individual and given Harper plans to include "subsistence" for aboriginals in Bill C-38...who knows whether he will really charged or rather convicted. "A resident of Port McNeill on Vancouver Island, Wadhams was found guilty last July of...
  8. FishNmemories

Bill C-38, amendments to Fisheries Act threaten BC communities

Wow, this bill is going to have far reaching affects across the country. Also, it contains a provision to add the term, "subsistence" to aboriginal fishery rights. I think that means FN would have the right to harvest seafood for, "food, religious, ceremonial, and subsistence purposes"...
  9. FishNmemories

Don't Forget Its Mother's Day!

Got something special planned for your wife/girlfriend or Mother today? Just spending time with them is often all that is needed. I have 5 women to share this day with.... my gal, her 3 sisters, and my mom:eek: But the weather is awesome, so enjoy it with the ladies!!
  10. FishNmemories

Beer Batter for Fish

Here is a link for a beer batter that I have used several times for cod that turns out quite well. I use olive oil for pan frying the cod and you have to keep your heat down below medium or it will burn the oil. I add in a teaspoon of dill to the recipe and keep the salt to less than one...
  11. FishNmemories

Comox Fishing for Cod

We got out last week fishing as it were for the day. There was no wind, but a couple of rain showers and it was nice to have the boat top that my gal and I made to keep us dry. We explored around, did some jigging, and landed a nice snapper and a 4 lb copper rockcod (my favorite to eat)...
  12. FishNmemories

Strange Things you see at the Beach

Beauty day yesterday, decided to go for a walk at one of our local beaches. I arrived to see...well best to just check out the pics And within a short time the alpaca just got in The lady said they have been taking this male alpaca for rides for 13 years, too cool. While I...
  13. FishNmemories

You never know what you'll catch fishing

The vid is several minutes long, but a dog is picked up off-shore by man in fishing in kayak. But appears to have a happy ending!! http://www.ffunny.com/t/videos/7442/random-floating-dog.html
  14. FishNmemories

Eastern Steller Sea Lions No Longer Endangered

Could it be so? http://www.adn.com/2012/04/18/2429358/eastern-steller-sea-lions-no-longer.html
  15. FishNmemories

How Not to Dispose of Your Garbage!!!

Yesterday (Sunday April, 29), we spent some time out on our local waters and the winds were down. The ocean was flat calm, which made for a very enjoyable day. But some low-life....person carefully disposed of their used cooking oil in a coffee can that was floating in the calm waters. We...
  16. FishNmemories

Is This Red Tide?

Try to post a couple of pics here showing a bloom on the surface that is distinctly reddish in color and I'm just wondering if this is Red Tide? This sign is from another area, that DFO has posted permanently, not sure if that means there is red tide all year or if their budget does...
  17. FishNmemories

Alaskan Halibut Allocation & Controversy

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/113477-Why-not-let-us-NR-pay-for-the-second-halibut An interesting look at the potential for increasing Halibut allocation to the rec sector utilizing the CATCH Program (see post #29). Obviously, due to Halibut cut-backs...
  18. FishNmemories

Great White Shark Caught

hope this link works http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/33361/enormous+great+white+shark+hauled+up+by+sea+of+cortez+fishermen/
  19. FishNmemories

A Thank You to Mother Nature

I posted about our last boating/prawning/camping adventure that was...well not upbeat in nature or explained how fortunate we felt about our bounty of prawns, the nice weather, exploring some new areas with our new-to -us starcraft boat , and just enjoying our waterfront campsite. Yes, I was...
  20. FishNmemories

Skunked out of Comox

Well, we headed out late this morning after launching from Cape Lazo ramp. Must admit the tide was out along ways... we were right to the end of the ramp. The weather was awesome, the wind dropped off to nothing. After reviewing several forums on anchoring for halibut, we gave it a try today...
Back