same here, no more pop ups. Thanks
  2. FishNmemories

Website errors | Send us your links and screenshots

continues can't read/access any thread
  3. FishNmemories

Website errors | Send us your links and screenshots

just popped up on the jan photo and twice while trying to post this
  4. FishNmemories

2017 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

We checked out the Investor Group Saltwater Showdown yesterday at the Comox Marina Weigh-in. Some good fish came in, we left before the final fish were weighed, but the largest spring at the time was 21 lb and change. Curious what the winner was? Some awesome prizes with a 9.9 hp yammie being...
  5. FishNmemories

Rock bay camping

There is no website but the manager has a phone 604 209 0298. His name is Paul Montoya. There is a cement ramp that is best to launch on semi-high tides for bigger vessels. You can launch on low tides for 16-17 ft boats but you will be backing on to the beach past the ramp. I've done it lots as...
  6. FishNmemories

Painting aluminum boat

Important, you must use a respirator with an appropriate filters in a well ventilated area!! The fumes from these products are dangerous. To prevent removing the Primocon and Trilux finish when repeatedly taking your vessel out of the water just hose off your hull lightly. Power washing will...
  7. FishNmemories

Painting aluminum boat

We used a Interlux Trilux as a finishing coat at work, but applied Interlux Primocon metal primer 1st to protect against galvanic corrosion. The Trilux was applied as multiple coats which will peel off as you cruise at high speed to remove the growth that formed when vessel is left in the water...
  8. FishNmemories

Wanted Navionics Gold MSD/2XG

I have a Lowrance HDS5 Gen2 and I'm looking for a Navionics Gold Card MSD/2XG, which is coastal Canada and SE Alaska. if you have one drop me a PM or please post a reply. Thanks
  9. FishNmemories

Kelsey Bay

Yes, we camped there a couple of weeks back and folks beside us bought crab from commercial boat for $10 bucks each
  10. FishNmemories

The improved fish camp thread

Congrats on starting a new project and for accomplishing a bunch of work already. Sounds like you have a good plan looking forward to seeing how it all comes together for you. Hang in there, John you will reap the benefits for years to come!!
  11. FishNmemories

Pilchards spawning in Esperanza area??

Thatsa funny Seafever... I had wanted to try using the pilchards for bait while in the Zeballos area, as you can buy them fresh from the Tally Shack 2 dozen on ice for $30 bucks or something like that. Here is some links that have some info: The commercial have formed a group Called Canadian...
  12. FishNmemories

Pilchards spawning in Esperanza area??

We were talking to a fella in Zeballos that was telling us about the Pilchards spawning in the local waters. The commercial boys fish for them and deliver the pilchards in the town, which are trucked out to be processed. We were told that the pilchards are late coming into the inlet this year...
  13. FishNmemories

Nootka sound / Esperanza reports Spring/Summer 2013

My gal and I spent Friday to Sunday in Zeballos. We were blessed as our friends lent us their house to stay in for the weekend. Met some nice folks living there and was pleased with the hospitality. We did head out fishing Friday and Saturday, but only for bottom fish. Both of us were a wee...
  14. FishNmemories

Kelsey Bay

My Gal and I made a trip up island to the Sayward/Kelsey Bay for 4 days. It was blowing hard last Thur, Fri, but we got out for part of the day on Sat. We only bottom fished for some cod and picked up a nice ling and red snapper... no hallies though. Sunday blew up again, one local boat took...
  15. FishNmemories

Campbell river 2013.

Both my Gal and I needed a break from our reality (daily grind) so we packed up and headed off for the weekend. We stopped at our old favorite campground north of Brown's Bay, set up camp, baited up the crab pots, and launched the old Tinnie. My Gal was smiling instantly as soon as the yammie...
  16. FishNmemories

Coolest Guy at the Boat Ramp

This vid... is not what I was expecting, but it is a pretty "Cool" idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mg2zYoV4XQ
  17. FishNmemories

Salmon sausages

Excellent idea and photos, SS. The sausages look delicious.
  18. FishNmemories

WAY offshore safety

Awesome post, Casper. There is some good info for folks to ponder. I have to add some of my experiences that might help others out too. We towed a vessel across Queen Charlotte Strait that was the same size vessel as ours, using two 150 hp outboards. We should have had 1/2 tank (90 gal tank) of...
Back