Search results

1. P

Vancouver Island Outboard Dealers

You might want to steer clear of Honda due to lack of dealerships on the island.,
  2. P

Vancouver Boat Show 2024

Well,had a look at the boats on offer at the show ,mainly the tin boats around the 26' mark. Have to say was unimpressed by what was on sale for the asking price. The layout of some of the boats was pretty dismal ,especially inside the cabins ( look at the Thunderjet 26' for over 400k) So my...
  3. P

Boat Operating Lessons

My marriage still gets tested when docking ,even with a bow thruster.
  4. P

Boat Operating Lessons

If you have a single engine it can save you a lot of aggravation in tight places.
  5. P

Single or Double Hook Hoochie

Thanks for the info. Any idea where I could read that for myself (can’t find it) as there seems to be a few of you who are pretty sure that more than one hook is ok when not using bait.
  6. P

Well, I am glad you say that it is not open to interpretation because based purely on what Jones attachment states then the first sentence is quite clear cut but if you have other info that states (outside baitfishing) I can use more than one hook then could you kindly point me in the right...
  7. P

If I read that as written then it states one hook attached to a fly or artificial lure. I asked the DFO last year if my set up was legal. It consisted of a plug with a trailing treble used for dragging the bottom. He went away,came back with his bible and said that he was ok with that as long as...
  8. P

Salt ice in Port Alberni

Look's about right -it's where the commies pick up their ice at the dock-big sign on building saying 'ice'.
  9. P

Salt ice in Port Alberni

Fishermen’s Quay-20 bucks for a big cooler
  10. P

Island Fires

It'll be interesting to see if the Province will fund an alternative route or just sweep it under the carpet if everything eventually settles down. Just consider yourself fortunate that you don't live here as it's not going to be a lot of fun this fall/winter when the weather sets in.
  11. P

ISO 20lb Canon balls

What price would we be looking at for a 20 lber?
  12. P

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Don't know that one ,what weather site is that? Thanks
  13. P

Northwest Aluminum Craft, what do they ride like?

The easiest way to find out without bugging Doug would be to send an email. He or Sarah will get back to you. I know when I took delivery of ours a couple of years ago he was talking about retirement in the not so distant future so I wouldn't put it off too long. Incidentally,I never found...
  14. P

Sea Runner 190 or 210?

I wouldn’t let the idea of solo launching be the deciding factor on boat choice. In the beginning if you find it too stressy then there are always folks around more than welcome to give a helping hand. Also,as they say, practice makes perfect.At the marina there are lots of guys who launch...
  15. P

Sea Runner 190 or 210?

Used to have a 220 sea runner.Opted for a drop curtain instead of a bulkhead and didn’t regret it.The drop curtain allows you to have more open working space to play with .Problem with a bulkhead is that it basically splits the deck area in two. It’ll boil down to personal preference if you have...
  16. P

Ice at Poett Nook

Thanks
  17. P

Ice at Poett Nook

Can anyone tell me what kind of ice they sell at Poet Nook( according to their website )and how big are their bags? Tried phoning but no joy. Thanks
  18. P

Buying a boat

When was the last time you bought a car without doing a test drive?
  19. P

Scotty HP Digital Counters...They Keep Dying....

If you call Scotty and tell them that you want to mount additional manual counters they might send you a template as to where to drill the hole in your lid ,along with drill bit size, plus mechanical counters and knuts to attach them. They done that for me a couple of years back without any...
  20. P

Water Taxi Crash

You are right but when did common sense ever play a factor?
Back