Search results

1. allanb76

Aluminum boat owners - What are you going to use for Antifouling bottom paint?

I agree. Interlux website specifically says this: "Antifouling paint used for aluminium should not contain cuprous oxide biocide as the high copper content can lead to corrosion problems unless the hull is expertly painted and protected using sophisticated impressed current protection...
  2. allanb76

Aluminum boat owners - What are you going to use for Antifouling bottom paint?

I am wondering the same thing right now. Contemplating blasting it to bare aluminum and leaving it that way. Copper scares me since there is always potential to chip the barrier coat while trailering. Perhaps with a better barrier coat than I currently have it will be fine. Can anyone...
  3. allanb76

SeaQualizer failure

I had this happen last year. Their customer service was great. They sent a free replacement in a very timely manner. I was impressed.
  4. allanb76

2023 Ucluelet Reports

How far out are you thinking of heading? I was contemplating a run to 5 or 7 mile but would consider other areas not too far out. I'm at Poett Nook. PM me if you like
  5. allanb76

Any electricians in Nanaimo? Small side job$$$

Paul is definitely excellent. He worked for me for many years. You will not find better for the same price. But yes, unfortunately he is backlogged.
  6. allanb76

Ice at Poett Nook

They sell shaved ice (fresh water) for $7/bag. The bags are a fair size....maybe 24" long and 7or 8" in diameter
  7. allanb76

Nanaimo automotive repairs

Lol. Wow. 🙄 I never said I wanted to bring parts to a shop or have someone install the parts I bought. I simply feel their markup is on the high side and was looking to see what other options are out there for reputable shops. With markup, there’s always a line somewhere. You guys just pay...
  8. allanb76

I should reword my question because it’s being over complicated. I’m simply looking for recommendations on a shop…..not judgements on my opinions which I clearly should’ve kept in my head.
  9. allanb76

The labour is fair but when I can go to Lordco and buy the same part for less than the 1/2 the price it’s frustrating. I have had them warranty parts, but in my experience the manufacturer of the part covers that. I still end up paying the labour.
  10. allanb76

Nanaimo people.....what is your favourite shop (aside from stealerships) for automotive repairs? Diesel knowledge preferred, but steering/suspension is typically what I'm having repaired thanks to the Bamfield road
  11. allanb76

Bamfield Road Status

I just towed my boat out to the Nook for the season yesterday. It's still a work in progress. It seemed most of the road has been prepped for chip seal with a heavy build up of new material as said above. However, there were still plenty of rough due to the heavy rain. For the most part...
  12. allanb76

DPF Delete

Sorry, I was out to lunch. Looked up what I paid and it was closer to $2500.
  13. allanb76

DPF Delete

Full delete, I believe. New exhaust but no tuner. They installed a mild tow tune and it has served me well. I don't see a need to fiddle with tuning.
  14. allanb76

DPF Delete

You will be happy with the delete. I would suggest shopping around though. I'm sure I didn't pay much over $1500 ( a few years ago though) at Supertech here in Nanaimo.
  15. allanb76

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Nicely done Robert! Now I regret pulling my boat home last weekend. The road detour was wearing on me though.
  16. allanb76

opinions - should I remove the bottom paint on my tinny ?

Reviving an older thread....did you end up removing the paint? If so, how and did you use Shark hyde after? I'm in the same boat right now. I moor mine for 5 months of the year, but I'm thinking it would be far less headache to just clean the boat monthly instead of maintaining the paint and...
  17. allanb76

Electrolysis?

One other thing just came to mind. 2020 was Covid so there were very few boats moored…seasonals only. 2021 was fully open so there were many additional boats coming and going.
  18. allanb76

Electrolysis?

Clamped on to the motor mounting bolts and hung from the cleat is what the manufacturers suggest. They say right on the directions not to clamp to negative battery terminal.
  19. allanb76

Electrolysis?

No, I have no AC systems on my boat.
  20. allanb76

Electrolysis?

I was looking at those and thinking it might be a good idea. I think I'll also purchase a silver electrode to accurately measure the hull potential from time to time.
Back