Search results

1. stones93

a newbie question about fishing line?

Sorry to bother you all but I have a newbie question. I have got brand new line and backing on my MR3's last year. They were used motor mooching at Langara almost 1 year ago. The line was put on a week before. It is 30lb test. My question is, after I used it last year my reels wen into their...
  2. stones93

anyone make salmon jerky in the oven?

I have a bear problem and strata doent let me use a smoker (never have used one anyways) but I would like to make salmon jerky! I always get a but of salmon smoked both cold and hot, but I would like to use a bunch of leftover salmon in my freezer to make jerky. The best I have had was a sweet...
  3. stones93

When fishing there are no bad days

Unless you are this guy. This was in Silva Bay and the Irony is his boat was named NOBADAZE. Well I guess he will have to rename the boat now.....
  4. stones93

Old line question

I am pretty sure I may know the answer but here it goes. I bought 2 new MR3's last year. I had them backed and has 30lb test line put on but did not get a chance to use them last year. The reals where stored on their pouch and inside. Is the line dried out and no good? No big deal for me to get...
  5. stones93

weird offer for trade, 2 brand new MR3's for MR'3 of a different color

Ok this may sound suspicious as is is so shallow and vain but I have 2 brand new never used MR'3 islanders to trade for similar but in a different colour. I have black and gold fully backed and new line but I would replace the line as it is over 12 months old. I am looking to trade for (mine are...
  6. stones93

I couldn't resist:)

Having it delivered to my office, don't dare tell the wife yet!
  7. stones93

opinions wanted....guided hali fishing with electric reel

Please see this post. I think it is wrong and agree about this.... please watch... https://www.facebook.com/HindsightFishingCharters/
  8. stones93

2 mr3's and Titan rod

For sale, 1 brand new never used black and gold mr3, 1 3 year old blue mr3 used about 14 days and cleaned every year. 1 4 year old titAn rod in great shape. Please pm offers
  9. stones93

New Hali rules Sept 1st....

Its official....the daily catch limit for halibut in B.C. will be 2 per day starting Sept. 1. Size and annual limits still apply. Please check the regulations for details.
  10. stones93

It's official, 2 Halibut a day in BC Sept 1st

Its official....the daily catch limit for halibut in B.C. will be 2 per day starting Sept. 1. Size and annual limits still apply. Please check the regulations for details.
  11. stones93

RC helicopter stuff for sale. TREX, Blade, Walkera ect

I have a ton of RC helicopter stuff for sale. All prices negotiable. Here is the link for Craigslist.... http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/tag/4628557848.html ]
  12. stones93

Tofino info request.

My brother in law asked me if I knew a good guide in the area. I don't know anything about Tofino.... here is what he sent me. Help is appreciated. yep its Tofino we are staying at The Cobble Wood Guest house. I’d like to see about a 1 day 4-6 hr or longer fish trip. I’m not sure if my...
  13. stones93

Ottawa to slash red tape for fish farms

I am at a loss for words. Haper is the death of science, enviroment and intelligence! http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Ottawa+slash+tape+fish+farms/9745890/story.html
  14. stones93

Epic salmon season predicted...

Langara fishing lodge sent me this today. Here is the link to their info on 2014 salmon predictions http://langara.com/fishtales/epic-salmon-fishing-in-2014
  15. stones93

Nw licence for kids..is this new?

Do I even have to print out my kids licence this year. I had to in years past even though it was free. I tried but it keeps saying $36 when i select a licence even though they are under 7 years old? All annual licences are valid for the current licence year, April 1 – March 31, commencing on...
  16. stones93

Change.org petition...Refuse to expand the salmon farming industry in BC

Here is a link to the petition. It's up to you if you agree or not..... http://www.change.org/petitions/restore-wild-salmon-ban-salmon-feedlots-in-bc
  17. stones93

Unbelievable catch//video

I was watching Alaska Ultimate Survival last night, and what I saw was an EPIC success, followed by EPIC failure. Catching a 200 lb Halibut with a old wood ski, in a broken down rowboat with a coffee grinder reel....... a must see for sure (sorry don't know how to post the video directly here)...
  18. stones93

Urgent photoshop help needed :)

Could someone here do me a favor? My co-worker keeps throwing this picture of him with 2 monster nookies in our faces, claiming that they prove he is the best fisherman amongst our office. Our problem is that he has never outfished us while up at Langara, and his picture is from a real long...
  19. stones93

Seahawks this weekend

Posting for my brother-in-law 4 seats for sale, Da Raiders - Hawks Pre-Season this thursday. $25 each ticket, or best offer.. section 301-row D- seat 19-20 and 146 row F, seat 3-4. Speak up and grab em, first one to speak up gets first dibs. I'll cut off bidding at 5pm today.Go HAwks!
  20. stones93

Eat Pink!

A sockeye salmon is reeled in by a fisherman along the shores of the Fraser River near Chilliwack, B.C., Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2010. Reports that a potentially lethal salmon virus had been found in the waters off British Columbia last year drew a fast, co-ordinated response from the federal...
Back