Search results

1. T

2023 Port Renfrew Reports

Any reports from opening day? Heading up tomorrow!!
  2. T

9.9 Kicker - Suzuki vs Merc

Now have the 9.9 Suzuki installed. Pretty slick with the electric start and trim. Seems to vibrate more than the old 9.9 Merc and also seems that we have to get the RPMs up higher to get up to the desired trolling speed. Don't have a tach to know for sure and just going by how it sounds...
  3. T

9.9 Kicker - Suzuki vs Merc

Have to replace our 2003 9.9 Merc kicker on our 182 Malibu. She had a good life with 1000s of hours. Narrowed it down to Suzuki and Merc mainly to match the black of the Suzuki 140 main. Any comments on these kickers? Any problems with either of these? Would consider a yamaha but if all is...
  4. T

2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Has fishing picked up on the beach? Saw a guy's post on Facebook saying he did well yesterday and today. Might have to take Thursday off!
  5. T

Recommendations - Roof for 182 Malibu

Looking for a place build a roof for an 182 Malibu. Located in Victoria but willing to travel up island. Any recommendations? Thank you in advance!
  6. T

2021 Port Renfrew Reports

Pacific gateway long term parking. Sometime between the 13th and the 17th.
  7. T

2021 Port Renfrew Reports

Report from the old man fishing up there today was that it slowed down. Lost 1 and got 1 at first light then dead after that. It has been on fire for us since August 3rd so maybe that rain this past weekend moved the fish along. And to the loser who stole our green roof for an 182 Malibu, Karma...
  8. Screenshot_20200731-211004_Boating HD

Screenshot_20200731-211004_Boating HD

9. T

2020 Port Renfrew Reports

Any reports before the gong-show tomorrow? Any improvement on the beach or is it a bank show? First trip of the season for us and can’t wait!
  10. T

Fishing App - which one?

I can see the RCA areas and the SRKW No Go Zones in the Navionics app. For boundaries such as the no fishing zone out at Swiftsure or specific closure areas for Chinook, I'm guessing you have to draw that yourself? Is the best way to draw a route? Thank you in advance!
  11. T

REPOWER Options

Hey Arjento, How's that Suzuki 140 been since you bought it? Did a search of the forums and I'm in a similar situation some 4 year later.
  12. T

Thoughts on re-powering an 182 Malibu?

Looking like we will have to re-power our 2003 182 Malibu. Currently has a 2004 115 Mercury 4 stroke on it. The 115 is fine with 2 guys and all the gear but anymore it can struggle. Thinking a 150 would be a better size (max for the boat is a 175). Seems everyone has their opinion on what brand...
  13. T

2017 Sooke Reports

I'm well aware of the Subareas 20-6 and 20-7 [Sooke Inlet, Sooke Harbour and Sooke Basin, northerly of a line from Muir Point to Possession Point] and have always gone by sight to stay away. I can't find the lat and long for the southern edge of 20-6 (Muir Point to Possession) on the DFO...
  14. T

Nootka first timer

Is camping available at any of the marinas mentioned above (ie pitch a tent or camper/trailer)? Or is it only rental of their accommodation or stay on the boat? Just looking at my options and havent been up there
  15. T

2016 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Fishing Reports

Thank you for the input guys. Now to see if work/life will cooperate to get up there
  16. T

2016 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Fishing Reports

Looking into trying out Nootka for the first time August 15-19. How is it this time of year? Read through 2015 reports looks like it was hot end of July/early August then died when the commercials came in. Any way to see the commercial openings beforehand?
  17. T

Kiss My ... Chinook Derby Notice

Who was the lucky draw winner?
  18. T

2015 Alpine Group Juan De Fuca Fishing Tournament

Hey Rollie, looking forward to this weekend. First off, thank you for all that you and Chris have done! Just wondering if this rule has been posted up somewhere? I agree with the rule, I just don't see it on SVIAC's website... or am I blind?
Back