Search results

1. W

10 hp restriction on the Stamp River

no, they need jets to get to falls pool. difficult to drag a drift boat down there.
  2. W

bending ie. piggy backing Murphy decision. of course there are no rules being bent... just like ocean fishing, no guides ever bend rules to increase tip. can you tell me that some bait isn't innocently slung above the bucket? especially when things get desperate to even beach "a" fish for a...
  3. W

you think those jets limit themselves to just the stamp... ? they venture into any place they can find a steelhead. they run a business that relies on catching fish, they will do what ever it takes, even if it means bending the rules or piggy backing on the Murphy decision. the positive to...
  4. W

DFO Creel Survey Jobs

posting for a co-worker. Anyone interested in conducting dock side creel can apply. Some great opportunities if you bring your boat and want to fish ALL summer in some prime locations... posting didn't cut and paste all that well... MARINE RECREATIONAL FISHERIES CREEL SURVEYOR DFO, South...
  5. W

Chinook Sampling Job - Kyuquot

Possition filled. Thanks
  6. W

Chinook Sampling Job - Kyuquot

Looking for a dock side sampler in Kyuquot for the summer. Must have some experience running small boats, docking etc. must work well in remote locations, personable, able to follow instructions, work well with guides and lodge clients. Accommodations will be provided. wage to be discussed in...
  7. W

omc style shift/throttle cables

Please see craigslist add. https://comoxvalley.craigslist.ca/bpo/5964206640.html Forum member price is $30/set, 75 for the lot. Located in CR. These cables are for merc, Johnson, evenrude. Don't think they will work with imports Please contact through Craigslist. Thanks
  8. W

2017 Salmon Outlook, via Jeremy Maynard.

was it? Area 11 may have been good, with a bit of a grind. check more than 1 source next time, and someone who doesn't do the daily 1.5 -2 hr run beyond cape caution. You may as well call your source a central coast fisher as they fish beyond where most anglers would ever run to. QCI was...
  9. W

DFO estimates are terrible. So sad.

I have to say close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades... I assure "fudging" numbers is not common, sorry white buck. I can not speak to higher level politics, but at regional level things are on the up n' up. Dave above has a great view and understanding of things in DFO at the...
  10. W

DFO estimates are terrible. So sad.

Ok, I'll nibble on this one... First of all, I don't know who your neighbours son is, but I assure you he wouldn't have been asked to inflate his raw field counts. you only see what you see in snorkel surveys. I have been on the NI for 10 years doing these counts and if anything I feel the...
  11. W

Taking a toddler fishing?

isn't that 6 extra halibut? hahahahahah!
  12. W

Re-Powering 18' Hourston

i am also running an 18' Hourston with a pod. I put a 140 zuk four stroke on. Pretty ideal in my opinion. I am running a 24p prop, and cruise at 3800 rpm, 29 mph. I dog a bit getting on step with a full load (4 people + fish). WOT @ 5800 rpm I hit 39 mph. Speed only makes you hit things...
  13. W

Winter Harbour Report

if you were fishing in 400+ feet of water it soudns like you were outside the surf line... which is 2 coho per day, hatchery marked only. If you were in the "surf" area or in area 27 itself, you would be allowed 4 coho per day, marked or unmarked. there are no regulations in the Quatsino...
  14. W

17' Malibu - Double Eagle copy w/ 90 Honda

Bump to the top. Price reduced to $9000
  15. W

17' Malibu - Double Eagle copy w/ 90 Honda

Here is craigslist link http://comoxvalley.craigslist.ca/boa/5162038962.html Less than 200 hrs on motor. Price reduced to $9000 Located in Hardy, comes with all the gear, turn key
  16. W

18' Hourston

Sold, thanks for the PM's
  17. W

18' Hourston

After double checking you are correct, it is the 17' model
  18. W

salmon conservation stamp

"Salmon", not "chinook" conservation stamp...
Back