Search results

1. River Rat

Marlon Boats

Yup. I just payed my deposit and got in the queue for a 11.5 foot Journey. Came highly recommended from arguably the most knowledgeable lake fly fisher in the province. He used them at work as well. Says they are very stable, and a work horse. I'm looking forward to getting it out on the...
  2. River Rat

9 year old grandson and his spey rod chasing bull trout.

My 9 year old grandson asked for a spey rod last Christmas, so I bought him a 7 weight, Redington Dually. He has spent a lot of time on the Vedder practising. Yesterday he went chasing Bulls. Remember...this kid is only 9 and casting a spey!!
  3. River Rat

Little B.C. fishing club takes on U.S. billionaire

https://www.q101.ca/news/12937-gates-to-merritt-area-lakes-to-be-unlocked A decision has been rendered in the contentious civil trial over access to lakes in the Merritt area. Delivering his decision orally this morning, the BC Supreme Court judge in Kamloops ruled that catch and release...
  4. River Rat

I'm so proud of my 7 year old grandson

So.....my grandson and his dad are camping on the Cheakamus River this long weekend. I get this text from his dad. "Cast himself. .... Hooksett him self and fought the whole way himself on a blade he made last night with me....4th cast"
  5. River Rat

Island Gate Petition

signed and shared on FB
  6. River Rat

Alberta Mule Deer 2015

thanks guys
  7. River Rat

Son's second Deer

nicely done. Congrats to both of you.
  8. River Rat

Alberta Mule Deer 2015

After an 11 hour drive, Sunday, I arrived at my brother’s house in Alberta. It was long day, and we had to get up early Monday, to scout the area, as Tuesday was bow opener. My nephew has a new job and he’s been working 2 weeks away from home, and then a week off. He also has a new girlfriend...
  9. River Rat

seasick

My wife and a friend both get seasick really easy. Wife picks up bonamine when she's in the states. They take one the night before and another in the morning. It's non-drowsy and works great for both of them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. River Rat

Super Bowl

i thought they should have given it to Lynch. 3 downs, one timeout. Here's the explanation. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12266535/super-bowl-xlix-darrell-bevell-seattle-seahawks-play-call-made-kill-clock I will have to add...that was a very exciting game. Kept my...
  11. River Rat

2014 Hunting Season

Nice..... Good eats!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. River Rat

Resident Hunters: Is Your Access to Wildlife Under Fire from the B.C. Government?

The BCWF petition is here http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/
  13. River Rat

Gas prices

95.9 at Abbotsford Costco Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. River Rat

What Sage Fly Rod to Buy??

7 and 8 way to heavy for typical trout fishing. 5 wt would be my choice. If you find out fly fishing is indeed for you, you can save your $$ and buy a nice 7 wt. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. River Rat

Yup.... Fly rods are like bows and cars... Got to test drive them first. I did that when the first sage rpl 3's came out. Ended up with a 5 and 7 wt. Busted 5 wt on a tailgate trout. Sage replaced immediately. Btw.. All sage rods are made on Bainbridge island in Washington state. Sent from...
  16. River Rat

No one ever accused me of being quick. I have 5, 6, 7 and 9 wts. ... Plus 2 classic glass fenwicks that were left to me by a co-worker that past away. Unsure of the weights. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. River Rat

2014 Hunting Season

Nice bull...looks like a fun trip!
  18. River Rat

CR Thieves

busted!!
Back