Search results

1. Prawn Star

ICBC class 7 road test

I am looking for info on what the road test for the class 7 (towing trailer over 4600 kg) consists of. I have the book which describes the pre trip inspection but it doesn't actually talk about a "road test".
  2. Prawn Star

I need an opinion

I am selling my travel trailer, it had some serious water damage and it was repaired proffessionaly to the tune of 11K. I have the work orders that show what was done to fix it. Should I disclose this to potential buyers? I wonder if the fact that it had leaked would spook anyone.
  3. Prawn Star

Firewood

I am looking for a cord of wood. CL and FB searches have too many scammers. I had one CL listing I thought was good. When I told the seller I wanted to see before I bought he never responded. I am in CR and would like some idea where to find a reliable source.
  4. Prawn Star

Ferry from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy

I am going to Alberta this summer and want to return via Rupert to Hardy. Can someone school me on this please. I know the ferry is expensive and I will be towing a 30ft TT. Also if anyone has a contact in Rupert that I could go do some bottom fishing with it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  5. Prawn Star

Tow vehicle air bags

I want to install them on my Ram 1500 but not sure which ones to get. I have EQs and anti sway but would like to soften the ride. Looking at mid range price.
  6. Prawn Star

East Barriere Lake

Going to visit friends there. What kind of fish are in that lake? Any pointers would be appreciated.
  7. Prawn Star

Harbour Chandler

I just spent a few minutes on the phone with Denise. Those few minutes were worth it as she explained everything to me about Lowrance GPS/Sonar combos. Bottom line, if you are looking for a good deal with straight up truth about Lowrance products Denise is the person you need to speak to before...
  8. Prawn Star

17' Double Eagle

Selling my boat due to two footitus. https://comoxvalley.craigslist.org/boa/d/campbell-river-17-double-eagle/6874831299.html This is my boat for sale.
  9. Prawn Star

17' Double Eagle

https://comoxvalley.craigslist.org/boa/d/campbell-river-17-double-eagle/6874831299.html This is my boat for sale.
  10. Prawn Star

Jigging herring

Where can one jig herring from shore in the Comox area?
  11. Prawn Star

Herring sale

Does anyone know if the CR shriners are doing their annual herring sale?
  12. Prawn Star

Travel trailer electrical

I have a 2011 Super Sport by R-Vision. My DC outlets (slider, power jack, lights) are not working. It is plugged in to shore power. I have 13.2 at the battery, 13 on the leads to the battery with battery disconnected. 12 volts at the fuse panel, all fuses are good (checked with multi meter). Can...
  13. Prawn Star

COHO retention

Recently I overheard the BC fishing app?? said there was a change in the coho retention. Area 13, one wild, one hatchery. Of course the DFO fishery notice page is not the place you want to find info like this. I swear it's meant to cause people to give up, believe what they hear and get busted...
  14. Prawn Star

Sentry Shoal Closure

OK I know that area always has been closed from 1-31 June. I have been searching this years fishery notices and I can't find anything regarding this. Everyone is telling me it is closed but where is the official notice?
  15. Prawn Star

Discovery Marina

If anyone is moored there you might be interested. For years I have had my boat moored there at "A" dock which is the first one at the south end. The deal there has always been 50% less. I assume because of the distance to the closest entrance. I went to renew this morning and was told there...
  16. Prawn Star

Craigslist post

I have seen the following post on Craigslist for at least a year now. I want to know if it is for real but cautious about responding . Has anyone ever responded to this add? https://comoxvalley.craigslist.ca/spo/d/new-dmg-45-reel-4-to-1-ratio/6480922593.html
  17. Prawn Star

Ace brutus

Has anyone ever put a foot switch on their puller. I emailed Ace and they don't sell them and suggested I research on how to do it. Suggestions???
  18. Prawn Star

Wanted, Snow blower

Looking for a decent gas powered 2 stage blower. Campbell River area but willing to go further.
  19. Prawn Star

Fishing from Masset

I am in the early stages of planning a trip to Masset next year. Places like QCL are way out of my league. Is there a place in Masset where one could stay relatively cheap and hire and a local guide for two or three days?
  20. Prawn Star

Crabbing

Does anyone know why sometimes you only get female crabs in a trap? Also, when prawning does your sonar detect prawns? Do you get a different bottom colour reading?
Back