Search results

1. H

Scotty Striker Rod Holder

Looking for 1 Scotty Striker rod holder. New used whatever. I live in Langley. Please pm me if you have one you would like to sell. Thanks in advance.
  2. H

USA-Canada Hatchery Comparaisons

This is shocking but considering Canadas WSP Wild Salmon Policy not surprising. Locally here or more relative to the Lower Goergia Straight, the Chilliwack Hatchery produces our largest numbers of White Chinook. Its putting 1.25 million into the system this year. With Fishery ministers...
  3. H

1999 Trophy Bayliner 2002FF

1999 Trophy 20 ft. Walk around with Cuddy. 1999 Merc 150 Blue Water 2 stroke 2 spare props. 2017 Merc 9.9 4 stroke LShaft E start Charge Circuit Tiller. Thanks for looking HT Sold.......full price.
  4. H

Pathetic Vancouver area Boat Ramps

wow, this gets more and more frustrating as the years go by. I live out in the Fraser Valley. I commonly launch at McDonald, Steveston, Ladner, rare at Planitarium, Ambleside, or Sunset, Reid Pt is an absolute theft for what they charge and a long run to fishing grounds. The Fraser River has...
  5. H

Trudeau NOT WELCOME.

Great to see folks in Tofino not wanting to Welcome Trudeau and his following to their town and area. Good to see you all take a stand against this government and its mismanagement if our coast lines. From Oil tankers to Fish Farms to Fisheries Management ......this Government is turning its...
  6. H

WHALE WATCHING HARASSMENT

I Know I'll get slammed for this but I can't hold my opinion....... And thousands agree with me. Lets face it....... These Whale Watching Tours are doing MORE HARM than any other group to the SRKWhales. From Vancouver to Campbell River, Nanaimo to Tofino and every where between. These groups...
  7. H

1998 MERC 9.9 Long leg

I've had this motor for 17 of its 20 years. It's been very well maintained, it is in great condition except that it either has a dead short or possibly a stater issue. To look at inside and out you won't find one in better shape. If your a marine mechanic have parts or a project guy this motor...
  8. H

LOWER MAINLAND DEALER for Merc and or Yamaha .

I'm looking at getting a brand new kicker....... Looking at both MERCURY and YAMAHA , likely the 8 - 9.9 Hp models ......... What DEALER do you think is the best to deal with for price and service. Most notably, when you have had issues with a product, how have they treated you. I don't by...
  9. H

1987-90HP Mercury power tilt/trim

looking for new or used power tilt trim motor for thus 1987 - 90 Mercury two stoke 3 cylinder. This is for our dads home built that till now has been terrific ........ Can you guide us to where to get it, and possibly install it. Boat is in Nanaimo. Pops us a hard core saltchucker, at 83...
  10. H

90 MERC, 1987 power tilt/lift motor

hello anybody and everybody. We are looking for a power tilt power lift motor mechanism for a 1987 - 90 HP 2 stroke Mercury 3 cylinder. New or Used. Can any one help us find such a part? We need this part, and Posibly installation ........ Our Dad built his boat from scratch, in 1987, he was...
  11. H

MANAGE TO ZERO

Well, the writing is certainly on the wall. DFO and the Several Federal Government of past years, and even our Provincial Gvernment obviously want to MANAGE OUR FISHERIES TO ZERO. The less they have to manage, enforce the better. How pathetic! The once epic, the once bountiful, the once...
  12. H

Management, Death on the Highway

Just wondering, has any one else noticed or observed the Death of Hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of floating Dead Coho, big and small. Recently, fishers out on the Highway as they call it off Nootka Sound were fishing for Chinook, some recreational, but over 70 commercial trollers ...
  13. H

DFO decisions and FN

First Nation Aboriginal salmon closure. So, DFO has closed retention of Sockeye to Aboriginal in several areas on approach to the Fraser ....... Areas, 11-21, 111,121,123,127 , 29-1 to 5........ Glad to see it ........ If that's what it takes to save these fish. Yet, FN are allowed to retain...
  14. H

EARLS BEEF BACK OFF .... SALMON?

I am very happy for the Canadian beef producers that Earls has had a change of heart and will be using and serving Canadian Beef. The right move in so many ways. To bad there wasn't wild option. That said how about many many Big Name local restaurants that Only serve Farmed raised Salmon...
  15. H

Spoons with swivel or not ?

So I am seeking opinions from spoon fishers. As we see from many spoons purchased over the counter, some come with a swivel off the front solid ring, some come with a solid ring only, some come with split ring and swivel, others just a split ring. I personally prefer a solid brass ring...
  16. H

Gold Diawa 270 Moocher

Hey ..... do any of you want to part company with a 1971-73 Diawa 270 Gold Single action Mooching reel. Must be in good shape. Thanks HT
  17. H

Thumbs Up to Kite Tails !

Hey I bought a couple of Kite Tails from the inverntor out at the BC Sportsman Show. Thought I would give them a try. Gave one to My Dad too. Well one day Dad went out off Nanaimo last week, hooked into three springs ..... all on the Kite Tail ...... nothing on the other regular Flashers...
  18. H

Departure Bay thieves !

Just the heads up folks, there are some real jerks amongst us. Two traps set in the harbour before fishing Sunday, zero chance they drifted away, zero chance they were not marked correctly and confiscated , GONE , RIPPED OFF. Pricks stole one complete set up with a high quality float, rope and...
  19. H

SOUTH ARM and the BOAT BUILDER

Today was a great day to be on the water with a long time friend. The Boat Builder has built and I'm talking hand crafted a number of boats from canoes and dingys to East Coast Dory's. the Boat Builder is a kind, and quiet man who has mastered the skill of boat building as a hobby over several...
  20. H

Pickled Salmon Recipe

Hello all, I normally use my same recipe for pickled herring, does any one have a great recipe for all these Sockeye were nailing ? Thanks in advance HT
Back