Search results

1. codfather

C Numbers, Stability Test & Insurance

Rain City, when I did my SVCP-F several years ago the stability test was part of it. You had to do it or you didn't get the decal. Mike
  2. codfather

2024 Nanaimo Reports

Hi folks, I'm back from the Desert and now dusting the boat off getting ready to go Prawn fishing. I have been on the DFO site for hours and they don't make it easy. I'm trying to figure out if there is any open areas for Prawn fishing around our area. Last year we were able to fish the...
  3. codfather

Knife Sharpener

CR Bill, not sure how much money you want to spend? I bought this one from Lee Valley Tools five years ago and it is unbelievable. You can shave with any knife you sharpen on the T-8 Tormek T-8 Sharpening...
  4. codfather

2023 Tuna Adventures

Heading out from Nootka on Friday. Looks very calm so the ride out should be good. Anyone else travelling from Nootka or Esperanza? Mike
  5. codfather

2023 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

This is the schedule for the road openings
  6. codfather

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

ebrench, that wind will not bother you fishing inside. The thing about Nootka is there is always somewhere you can fish. NW winds that are most common mean you can fish Wash, Eagle and the Light as they are protected by Maquinna Pt. The worst wind that we get is the dreaded SW of SE or...
  7. codfather

The surfers at Bajo will be happy but not many others about the wind!!!!!
  8. codfather

2023 Tuna Adventures

Looks like some great temp breaks off WH. Good luck.
  9. codfather

2023 Tuna Adventures

This year we don't have a boat to go tuna fishing in. The 27 foot North River was sold and not replaced like it should have been??? We are looking at going out and want to know what charter boats go out of Bamfield or Ucluelet for Tuna? Thanks in advance. Mike
  10. codfather

For years I use to hate having trails left on my screen. For some reason this year I just change the color every once in a while. It's funny how many passes you make when you are working an area with fish holding. Lots of fish moving inside after the rain last week.
  11. codfather

Just got back after a few weeks in Nootka. It was painfully slow July 24 and 25 with all the rain. We fished hard with the rain bouncing off the water and butt-kiss. You know the fish don't like coming to the surface in all that fresh water! July 26th the wind calmed down and we got offshore...
  12. codfather

Hi SeaSport, after suffering thru the worst fishing I have ever seen in Nootka July 5-8 it's way better now. July 6 and 7 evening fish, 8 boats left the dock at NIL and 8 boats came back SKUNKED. In 3 shifts Salmon fishing I pulled my gear 500 times as I've never seen as many weeds thru out...
  13. codfather

The fishing is getting way better with lots of fish from Maquinna to offshore at Beano. We have a great forecast this week.
  14. codfather

Boat fenders

ExFlyGuy, I'll buy those. When and where works for you? Send me a message. 250-729-1429 Mike
  15. codfather

What's for dinner tonight ?

Tuna one night then tenderloin the next.
  16. codfather

T25 kicker

Brambles, I switched from a T9.9 to a T25 in 2017 and it was the best thing I ever did to my boat. The 9.9 did not have enough power when I was trolling offshore in the afternoons when the Westerly would blow 25 mph. I would have to motor on the big engine uphill turn around and then troll...
  17. codfather

We had a great trip in Nootka on the weekend. Put in the docks, boom sticks and ramp on Saavedra Island. Prawning was great with mostly Jumbos. Caught a 20 pound Spring and a few Ling trolling around. Look forward to this summer. Codfather
  18. codfather

Hi Gord, everything is the same as last year in Nootka except they started the closures April 1st. Same as on the Inside (East side of the Island) April 1st closures are in effect. PS: I'm so sorry for all the charter operators and others trying to do a business in our business with...
Back