Search results

1. N

Interview with Jason Tonelli on CKNW this morning

Not saying he didn't lie, outright, I'm saying he didn't say, "that there were no openings"...he said there were no openings in the area of concern - ie, the fish of concern have already moved on or aren't there yet. That's a different lie, albeit now up to interpretation. If we are going to...
  2. N

Interview with Jason Tonelli on CKNW this morning

If I heard correctly (and maybe I should go back and listen again), he said there was "no opening when the fish of concern were in the relevant area" - this is not the same as saying there were no openings. Assuming then that the fish are higher up in the system (which imo is a blatant lie)...
  3. N

Chinook Neutral/Positive Fishing

Also agree better not to volunteer to public coffers. Local charities like Sooke Salmon Enhancement can issue donation receipts and your money goes directly to the local streams /projects. In a way we indirectly force the Gov to contribute through the tax receipt. I agree we should contribute...
  4. N

Strategy for the Northern and Southern Resident Killer Whales

We were discussing the plight of the SRKW this summer on an afternoon off Otter Point. The primary question was, "if there was a chance that not fishing Chinook could save the whales, what would you do?" No question about it we would stop fishing Chinook. Full Stop. But I don't think there's...
  5. N

There's a new guide in town ....

Anyone notice the guy has pulled the add and his tel # out of the post. Seems he got the message. If anyone thinks this type of on-line bashing is hard to swallow, you should see what goes on dockside, on the water, and on the radio. Even if the guy was legit, he would take his lumps on and...
  6. N

Sooke Public Boat Launch

Here's is the bylaw as copied from the DOS: "Use of Public Boat Launch - Non-commercial only (INCLUDES PARKING): • Launch of one boat per day • Twelve month boat launch permit valid from date of issue (purchased at Municipal Office) o Resident o Non-resident $ 10.00 $ 60.00 $120.00 Use of Public...
  7. N

Weight training Equipment

Resent thanks
  8. N

Sooke Public Boat Launch

restated: How would the launch users benefit from the Prestige having launch passes to rent to their patrons?
  9. N

Sooke Public Boat Launch

Well, I guess it was complicated enough that you have already changed it. Members of what non-profit? I didn't realize that under your scheme participants had to become "members." My suggestion was really that rather than each receiving $12.50 through some sort of 3rd party exchange (which I...
  10. N

Sooke Public Boat Launch

"Our funding formula anticipated a 25% benefit for non-profits, and we gross about $100 on the $120, so we could potentially write a check for $25 to a non-profit for every non-resident permit sold through such a program. The non-profit could split the money with the permit holder as a...
  11. N

CRD Solar Water Heat Grants

Thanks for the link. Who did you use for the installer? Did you select from a few / get a number of quotes? We have both gas hotwater and hotwater-heating, looks worth researching for sure. Thanks
  12. N

How long do the logs stay in the water?

Not sure specifically about species but they used to go back and reclaim sunken logs out of lakes north of Campbell River on some of the islands. Here's someone "Bobbing for logs" back East: http://www.forestnet.com/archives/April_00/submerged.htm. In saltwater the teredo worms eat them over time.
  13. N

Sooke Public Boat Launch

The best part is we're paying a private enterprise $9 out of every $10 to do nothing more than collect the money. Hard to hold TM at fault for that, it's actually pretty funny. Funnelling the money off to fund a lawsuit that many (most?) on here appear to be against is just icing on the cake...
  14. N

Sooke Public Boat Launch

"SIRA is getting in position to submit a response to the upcoming RFP for facility operator for the new boat launch." I'm still trying to reconcile the 1st post by "SIRA" with the obvious and expected outcome: "District of Sooke council gave the go ahead for a numbered company, headed by...
  15. N

Tales From The Tyee Pool.......2014....

Hi Dave, I sent you a P message, let me know if it doesn't come through.
  16. N

Mioney making opportunity !!!! :-)

Bang flop,... oh sorry, wrong thread
  17. N

Caution urged over smoking salmon; cooking method may cause cancer

interesting, the last couple times standing choking over the BBQ, I've pondered as to why my wife will likely live 20 years longer than I. The same occurs to me as I sit here with a beer and she's on the tread mill :-) Damn that smoked fish is good.
Back