Search results

1. T

April 1 Fishing Regs-sell your Boats!!

Re PSF....There is a committee that sits to review the proposals and vote on which ones to support, and how much money they shoyuld receieve. Nearly all of their money comes from Recreational Fishing licenses and Recreational angler donations and support at fund raising dinners...check out how...
  2. T

We do have a right to fish, it is called a regulated right, and it is because fish, all of them, are a common property resource, which exists under federal law, and under the constitution. We do have a defined part of the TAC for groundfish, and an allocation agreement we helped to build for...
  3. T

I asked earelier, and so far have had no reply, which I find interesting. If you call for money to fight DFO in court, if you say that we are not fighting something because we have no money, then you just have an undefined wish....we want to be able catch fish more often....you don't go raising...
  4. T

If you are going to take them to court, you need a very specific, clear, and legal challenge over an existing law....what would you state on the legal paper as your specfic challenge, based on current law??
  5. T

Port alberni Inlet massacre

As has been mentioned before, there is a very well functioning Roundtable here that does manage and make recommendations to DFO for harvest. I have no idea why they have not made a post here, but they hold the key information. This run is primarily a hatchery based run, so the numbers put on...
  6. T

Avid Angler Volunteers - urgently needed

DFO Stock Assessment, Patrik Zetterberg is the Tech....he will register you and send out the package of materials....Patrik.Zetterberg@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
  7. T

Urgent Need to Send Ltr. Re DFO Fraser Chinook Plans

I sent mine in three days ago and copied SFI so they have it on file...but felt as though we were being forced to write by DFO professional staff, who then turn around and say..." We only got a few thousand letters. .."
  8. T

Chinook working group meeting tonight

There must be somebody who went who can give us an update ? Bob, did anyone keep minutes from the meeting? Should we ask W ilf to give us an update?
  9. T

Prawn Limit Decreased to 125 April 1st 2020

One of the key parts of that campaign was that at the end of the meeting we had a desk where people could, and did fill out pre-printed post cards where they added their own comments, which was important, we did not pre-write them or give pre-written comments...and we flooded Parliament with...
  10. T

2019 Gulf Island Reports

Booth Bay is at the North end of Sansum Narrows, against Saltspring Island. There is a nice shelf following roughly the 100 to 120 ft contour line....the smallest anchovies also work.
  11. T

Cherry point??

Cherry point or Boatswain Bank has provided a beach fishery on fly and spoons for the last 20 years, and no they are not all the Millstream fish at all. A very few of the Millstream run which is part of the Shawnigan Lake School program are all clipped, but only a few 10 or 20 are recovered...
  12. T

2019 Port Renfrew Reports

Same day my partner and I went to Walbran after trying East point and Camper...about 11:00 we worked the area off " Little Beach" and hooked into three nice chinook in the next hour...but we were trolling , not nearly as much fun as cut plugging!
  13. T

SFI Raffle

Obviously not my ticket either...but well spent funds, and I am thinking it increased my chances for next year...doesn't luck give credit for past attempts?
  14. T

2019 Port Renfrew Reports

Wildmanyeah has the great idea...photos and then send them to the Fishery Officers in Duncan....they have to pay attention to them, and will.
  15. T

Going to be a busy day

Don't sleep in at Renfrew tomorrow! I was out of the river today at 5:20 AM, went to East Point near the " rocks" and did the standard circle route...two chinook which looked like cookie cutter fish...17 and 18 lbs, within 20 minutes...all done by 6:00 AM, but of course had to wait for 4 hours...
  16. T

SFI Raffle

Just bought another one...this is wise investment for any recreational angler!
  17. T

Fisheries Minister Jonathan Wilkinson on CKNW defends South Coast Chinook Closure

I heard the frustration and building anger in the Minister's voice as Jill quietly yet persistently questioned him on the right points...excellent job Jill! I kept waiting for the word he refused to use...he is building a roundtable of all sectors....to reach a decision on using marked...
  18. T

Proposal By DFO - Changes to Prawn Daily Rec. Limit Being Considered

Do not confuse this attempt at DFO Shellfish Management with science, or logic, or fair debate, this is an inside attempt to sole a perceived problem by making an arbitrary decision by the senior Director to solve what he sees as a problem that cutting our access can solve. Bombarding the...
  19. T

Momemtum is Building on Chinook Closure Opposition!

Where oh where is the Admin in supervising a post topic gone so off the topic?
  20. T

2019 Sooke Reports

Just came back home this afternoon. I went to the bank, fished for Halibut on the South West side of the " regular Chicken Ranch " where we found them last year, and had one into the boat 5 minutes after the bait ( white grub) hit the bottom. Fished Klanahan River mouth, Tussiat Falls, Hole in...
Back