Search results

1. fishyboy99

Making Bacon

Just picked up some pork bellies at Save-On in Parksville today, on sale for $3.99 per pound, not bad looking, little on the thin side but managed to get a few thicker ones. I’ll be making bacon again in a few weeks, good timing as I am down to my last 4 packs of my last batch:).
  2. fishyboy99

Repower w/ Yamaha 115

Definitely agree with Trophywife, move the batteries (and fuel if you can). I have had 36 of the 90's and over 60 of the 115's over the years, would pick the bigger engine every time. More popular engine with a bigger gear-case (better re-sale and stronger bottom end). Moving the batteries...
  3. fishyboy99

10ft chiefe

Sending you a pm. Fishyboy
  4. fishyboy99

Seastar issues - anyone have a power purge?? (shop?)

If you are located mid island, I have a power bleeder you can borrow, I won’t be back for a couple of days though. Power makes the job quick and easy:) Regards Fishyboy
  5. fishyboy99

End Of Season - Can Sell The Boat Now - 17' Cope

Highliner, You never know with boats, sometimes I think that it would be hard to sell some things, but often turns out that they are gone in short while. This isn’t a fire-sale, so not looking for lowball offers, I haven’t put it on Craigslist or other sites, probably won’t do that until I am...
  6. fishyboy99

End Of Season - Can Sell The Boat Now - 17' Cope

Season is wrapping up and I will be home in a couple of weeks, so I will be around to show the boat. I have added a few things since last March, and caught a few fish in it as well LOL. 1994 17' Cope welded center console 2017 60hp Mercury SeaPro FourStroke (17hrs I think) 1994 Karavan single...
  7. fishyboy99

Used motors, how many hours is too many

Agree, along with the maintenance and engine readout, keep in mind the type of boat (weight, hull style and what it is used for), along with the area it came from. I had a set of F90hp Yami’s, used on the open water, that had 3600 hrs in them, and I considered the boat underpowered when I got...
  8. fishyboy99

LEH Results Are Out

Where is your draw, the wife has one in 1-11B.? Congrats:)
  9. fishyboy99

2018 Winter Harbour Reports

Still hit and miss inshore for springs. Some out on the highway, last batch through were mid teens, smaller than what we have been catching. Still have to put your time in and weed through all the coho out there. The feed is still small, not to many coming in with the larger herring that we...
  10. fishyboy99

Ice machine is still up and running Regardsj Fishyboy
  11. fishyboy99

News to me about being condemned :). I closed the main part of the resort this year due to a few factors - the reduction in halibut and yellow-eye for 2018 (trying not to do the experimental license), uncertainty in future fisheries (MPA's, Chinook closures, Halibut reductions for 2019 and...
  12. fishyboy99

Anchoring question

We have about 700-800' of rope, plus 32' of 3/8 short link chain on a 22lb claw anchor, seems to work for us. Having the longer rope lets us angle the boat a bit from the front cleats and to slide back into the current if needed. One of the things I see people doing is keeping the Scotsman too...
  13. fishyboy99

New regs? or something thats always been in place?

Up in our area (27/127) this has been the norm for the last few years, before that, it was more restrictive, no chinook retention inside Cliff Point, over and under out to the Surfline, and 77cm max in Brooks Bay. One year we had 5 different areas for chinook and coho between the Surfline and...
  14. fishyboy99

Winter Harbour Tips and Tricks - 1st trip to Quatsino

Hi BigReel, The government wharf is $.75 per foot, other places are $1.00. We are within a couple hundred feet of each other, so no real difference other than price. The government side is general moorage, no reserved spots, but in the last 14 years I can only think of one August weekend where...
  15. fishyboy99

Just a quick Winter Harbour update. Bottom fishing has been great, as long as the weather co-operates LOL. Some salmon on the highway, but most of the fish are being caught around Lippy/Grants Bay and Kains Light. Usual times, first thing and slack tides, especially high slack when rubbing...
  16. fishyboy99

LEH Results Are Out

Shared moose for the family, and the wife hit the elk lottery for an island cow draw. Going to be a busy fall and Christmas Fishyboy
  17. fishyboy99

Places to stay

Hi Trophy, The government wharf in Winter Harbour has power, $5 per day for 15amp, $.75 per foot for moorage, laundry and showers are available though The Outpost. Harbour has flaked ice, fuel, general store with liquor, and a food trailer if you don’t want to cook on your boat. I would...
  18. fishyboy99

New Trophy and Penn Reels, TufLine, Maxima BG and Speader Bars.

Sounds good Mike, the 30lb maxima is yours, will pm you my info. Regards Fishyboy
  19. fishyboy99

New Trophy and Penn Reels, TufLine, Maxima BG and Speader Bars.

Hi folks, Since I have closed the main lodge this year, I have some new gear thatI ordered back in October, which I will not be needing this summer. Both taxes will be added onto the price (these were purchase through the company - no cash deals ). Pretty firm on the prices unless you take it...
  20. fishyboy99

2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Went out with my daughter, picked one keeper and released one under. Using a 4” Gibbs spoon @ 81’. Just below the algae bloom - which was nasty on the top water. Told my daughter that this was the first fish in 10 years that was caught on this boat (17’ Cope that we put back together- still...
Back