Search results

1. J

Sannich inlet prawning

How has it been for you, I have prawned there for years and always done well. Last year not very well and this year is worse. Have talked to others and they concur. I have my spots that always produce and now nothing not even 1 prawn in 4 traps. Have tried other spots and not good either. So...
  2. J

time

just posted, whats with the time,says it was at3.42am? What, in a time warp...
  3. J

do fish hear

ok, I made a housing for my go pro camera put it in and dropped it down around 100ft while out for some hali. After viewing the video,and I did see the odd fish, I noticed a lot of noise picked up by the camera when I lowered or brought the camera up. Noise of the line and real, so if u are...
  4. J

05 yam t8 hydraulic lift

Mine has quit working ,motor runs no lift. checked fluid ok. If I cycle switch it lifts a bit each time. Ideas please. Have taken off of motor going to take apart??Can't find much info on the net. any help greatly appreciated,, J R.
  5. J

Fishing nootka sound

So ,after 5yrs of renting a place in the sound always the same dates phone to confirm this years booking and were told no go already booked it for the week. We normally book for 4 days. Asked why he bumped us and reply wasTHAT'S BUISINESS. What a bunch of crap. So I'm looking for a place to...
  6. J

Ace prawn puller conversion

Ok saw the post for the hands free adapter to my ace puller. Had to have one. Got it today .Sprayed all the bolts to take of the big wheel, let soak for couple hrs. got 2 out and 2 broke. No prob will just drill and tap new holes.got big wheel off, awe crap the hub that the wheel is on is...
  7. J

Gps use opinion

Talking about gps use re the map, What do you prefer when setting up your GPS, course up, north up, or chart up. I prefer course up, like to see where i'm going. With north up which is proper for reading charts I find it too confusing, Like looking where i"ve been. What are your thoughts...
  8. J

lowrance gps combo

well I haveasked about problems with my lowrance loosing gps signal and have checked everthing suggested. has internal antenna. Finally I toook it to harbour chandlers in nanimo. within 10 mins. the fellow at Chandlers told me I was about 7 updates out. Says the sats do change there info and I...
  9. J

The puppies

To all that got the wolf hibreds from Nog, I was just curious how they are doing. Loved seeing the pics and hearing nthe comments. would not mind hearing how they are doing now, just adog lover, have a husky retriever cross and he can be very stuborn, so curious how these guys and girls are...
  10. J

Tax man knocking

Just got a notice from the tax man,14 months after boat purchase. wants there money.what if I dont pay them. I think this is a rip, boat when bought newhad all taxes paid, why should we have to pay again. And if i sell it the next owner pays, on and on.
  11. J

cal 20 sail boat

looking for some info on the value of a 40 yr. old cal 20. it needs new sails and rigging,paint on upper deck and hull, interior is so so. this belongs to our club and want to sell it,any sailors out there that could give me a rough idea of a fair price,also has an older 8hp johnson kicker, does...
  12. J

pal flashers

looking for some pal flashers pref # 3 and #4 any out there thanks JDR
  13. J

trap shack

out today 80ft 2 on lost first seal got the second, after that nothing didn't see much happening great day though, halibut at sidney tommorow hope for the best
  14. J

dinged bumper

I'm tired of dinging and scraping my painted bumper when backing up to put the trailer onto my hitch. Soo I bought a back up camera and installed it one the lic. plate frame. can see the ball and back up right on the money. stop get out and drop the trailer right onto the ball. no more dings...
  15. J

lowrance combo

Got a 339 lowrance combo with internal antenae, keep loseing gps signal, is mounted under wind sheild, clear veiw of the sky any ideas? Thanks JDR
  16. J

prawnig

Out today , Brentwood for a few prawns, not many traps, 2 ;1 hr sets, 40 short of 400 limit, very big prawns. Steak and prawns for din din:):)
  17. J

vry slow

Is it my computer, don't think so, seems when I go on to site ,first forum is fast ,right there but after that ohh so slow to come up, and slow to post , Too many on site??:):)
  18. J

really stiff yamaha shifter

the shifter for my yam kicker is really stiff, the main motor shifter is like butter. This is the remote shifter not the one on the motor. Once in gear it is fine nice and smooth. could it be in the motor?? very little hrs on the motor?? ideas???
  19. J

drop curtains

last year I wanted to get drop curtains for my boat.$$$$. went on the net and ordered some sunbrella materereal from Sailrite. got the thread and material to do the job plus heavy needeles all for less than 1/2 the cost from local shops, includeing duty and xchange. not a great sewer but got the...
  20. J

K&c for sale

will be selling my 16 ft K&c nice and clean great fishing boat, 60 merc 4 stroke,deth sounder and rigged for down riggers. will be in used vic this weekend. It is a '92 , 2004 ezy loader trailer, had 2ft itis no I'm cured.Price around $7500
Back