Search results

1. dfrase

TR3 Islander - Brand new - For sale *Update SOLD*

Brand new with line, never been used. Won in derby. it is the red/clear pattern in the below link. https://pacificnetandtwine.com/products/12282008-ms DM me your offer. located in Victoria *Sold
  2. dfrase

For sale - Sage Rod 3106B Brand new

Beautiful rod. Brand new, never been used. Won in derby and has been stored indoors. Model is Sage 3106B 10’ 5” Colour is dark blue with gold features Best rod you can buy for salmon fishing locally :) Price is $600. Located in Victoria
  3. dfrase

Lancetfish?

A buddy has a video of one of these washed up in Esquimalt Lagoon.... it was in the shallows and he revived it and it swam off. Pretty impressive fish and i have never seen one. Thought it was a barracuda at first. Anyone have any experience seeing these in our local waters? Sounds like they...
  4. dfrase

Compression test needed - help

Hey Guys, Selling my boat and seller has requested a compression test on the Yammi 4 stroke 115. shops are booking way out. Any advice on a local mechanic who would be able to do this in the near future? i am willing to pay more to get it done right away. thx, dfrase
  5. dfrase

2008 Boston Whaler 130 Sport

Hi Folks, We bought a bigger boat for the family and are now selling our 2008 Boston Whaler 130 Sport. Pics included on CL ad; https://victoria.craigslist.ca/boa/d/2008-boston-whaler-130-sport/6376416636.html 50th Anniversary 2008 Boston Whaler 130 Sport for sale. Original owner with all...
  6. dfrase

Boat stereo installation in Vic....

Hi Guys, Any recommendations for getting a boat stereo installed in Victoria? I bought the head unit and speakers from Trotac and it is ready to go. Boat is a Explorer 542. I have a 5" hole saw and was toying with the idea of doing it myself but am losing my nerve a bit on cutting holes in my...
  7. dfrase

Buying a new boat... advice?

Hi Folks, We are upgrading from our 14ft whaler and looking at purchasing a boat in the 18-21ft range. Looking for something used that is ready to go and will not need to buy kicker, electronics, etc. We are based out of Vic and budget is $25-$35k. We have all the fishing gear/riggers. Purpose...
  8. dfrase

Vacuum Sealing Salmon/Cod...

Hi Guys, I picked up a foodsaver vacuum sealer and this will be my first time using one this year. Any tips on process for salmon/cod? I am hoping to use it for both fresh and smoked salmon. Also, for prawns, i typically freeze them in saltwater. Is this something i should try with the...
  9. dfrase

Prawning questions

1. How do folks feel about soaking overnight vs 4-5 hrs while fishing? had a trap stolen overnight and now a little gunshy to leave it down overnight. Hoping it doesnt impact results 2. New trap i bought came rigged with 300ft of line. We are usually dropping them in about 250ft of water. Am i...
  10. dfrase

Help!? Parasite or disease in chinook salmon?

Hi all Landed a beauty high teens spring off hornby last night. Great battle and fish could not have looked healthier. Went to clean it an hr later and as i was cutting off the rib bones on one side, i noticed a dark purple pocket in the flesh. It was about the size of a quarter. It looked like...
  11. dfrase

Hornby/denman 2014

Any reports from hornby? Saw 25-30 boats off tribune/Norris rocks this morning...bringing the boat up in a few wks
  12. dfrase

springs on surface not biting

out last night on ECVI and there were huge bait balls around... saw several nice springs, high teeners most likely, jumping out of water and chasing bait under boat. could not hook any all night which was quite frustrating. tried every spoon and hootchie in the box and multiple flashers. going...
  13. dfrase

Achilles bank - any experience?

Anyone tried this spot? Thinkin of makin a run there from hornby if wind chills out. Its located between texada, hornby and lasqueti.
  14. dfrase

Hornby/Denman Reports

Heading up there for a week (first week of July)... just wondering if anyone has been out there at all.... Cheers, dfrase
  15. dfrase

North or south of hornby/denman?

Fished off flora on hornby last night and nothing on bait or spoons... Tried everything from 150-40ft. Just a few tiny jacks Going out this aft and wondering if anyone has suggestions on heading a lil north or south to find some fish? Cheers
  16. dfrase

Hornby/Denman

Read some good reports from Comox recently but curious if anyone has been around hornby? Heading up there in the next few weeks. Last year was the best salmon fishing I've seen at hornby in 20 yrs so hopefully it will be good again this year dfrase
  17. dfrase

Victoria/Sooke tides

Can someone give me a brief rundown of how the tides affect *salmon* fishing in the lower Van Island... I hear alot of guys post about slack tides and trying to get out for certain tides when the bites on. embarrassed to say i have lived here my whole life and dont have a clue how the tides...
  18. dfrase

Catfish?

I have heard there is catfish in Elk lake....anyone have any knowledge about what lakes around vic they are in and how to catch them?
Back