Search results

1. C

Fisheries Management and Ecology

As demonstrated many times, hatcheries are essential in near urban compromised streams. There, without hatcheries, salmon will disappear. Hatcheries can do harm in remote streams with a healthy wild salmon population.
  2. C

Driving an EV pickup

Great choice. You'll love it as all of us do!
  3. C

Chinook Management Measures - Areas 11 to 20, 111, and Subareas 29-1 to 29-5 - Effective April 1, 2024

At least there are some areas in JDF open for 1 clipped chinook.
  4. C

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Clipped only is not a big deal off Victoria right now. Most are clipped anyway. Of the 7 or 8 salmon we got to the boat today literally all were clipped. And that is not unusual. Go out and enjoy!
  5. C

For sale: Prop 13-1/4X17 off 60HP Yamaha

No kidding, the same prop was even a bit too much for my F115 four stroke!
  6. C

Driving an EV pickup

Interesting you mention this; I had a solar assessment done 3 years ago - despite my sonewhat shady spot they figured an 8kW system would reduce my hydro bill by up to 40% yearly (we have everything electric, incl. heating). Thought about it for a while, took the plunge and voila the first two...
  7. C

2024 Sooke Reports

Yucky currents.
  8. C

Electic Boats / Motors

I've had my little electric lake boat motor for 20 plus years with zero maintenance to it and it never failed me. Connect and go. Too simple to fail. Try that with any gas motor. In any reliability contest between fuel and electric motor my money would always be on electric.
  9. C

Electic Boats / Motors

From all I have seen, battery costs are continuing to come down. LiFePo4 batteries are literally half the cost than only 2 years ago.
  10. C

Driving an EV pickup

I googled a bit around and read up on it and it seems the pre-departure remote start is the preconditiong feature for most EVs; it pre-heats the interior and warms up the battery. I can't find a separate battery preconditioning neither in my Focus manual nor in the manual for my Lightning at work.
  11. C

Driving an EV pickup

My Ford Focus Electric doesn't have a specific battery preconditioning function. But it has a remote start function that warms up the interior for 10 min before I leave the house. I guess this also warms up the battery temp management system. I assume. I usually do this after I manually turned...
  12. C

Eaglecraft 31 Walkaround

Wow, dreamboat. Until I see the price.
  13. C

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Remember this when the next clown claims only EVs are a fire hazard.
  14. C

Driving an EV pickup

And our utility operators don't need to drag out noisy stinky diesel generators out to every jobsite to power a few tools and lights. So convenient to have a little power bank as part of your work vehicle. Gamechanger!
  15. C

Driving an EV pickup

And no more of noisy generators running at wilderness campsites. Now you can enjoy the quiet of natur while still benefitting from the creature comforts of your camper.
  16. C

Driving an EV pickup

Yeah, but on the opposite end of the spectrum! Lambo = awe, Cyberduck = gag reflex
  17. C

Dirty Cyber Truck

Man, one has to put on a mask again to not be tecognized in this ugly thing.
  18. C

Driving an EV pickup

Yeah, I don't use an app; I only use the onboard functions. I hate the idea of needing a smartphone to operate all functions of my vehicle. Something wrong with that concept.
  19. C

Driving an EV pickup

I found one annoying feature with my Lightning; you cannot permanently set the charging max limit to a certain percentage - say 90%. It's only a one-time setting that defaults back to 100% after each charge cycle. That sucks! I charged it several times already to full 100% due to this. I hope...
  20. C

Driving an EV pickup

10tkm on my Lightning at work now. Still loving it, no major issues. Best truck I ever had. Love the space and storage. Working the truck hard, incl. towing, gravel roads, offroad.... The only issue I had so far is that somehow the standard rims invite small rocks to jam into the brakes to make...
Back