Search results

1. Coyote Spooner

Starlink

The 2 guys I met, cruising the Broughtons use the home based version, while anchored and close to land. They said it can’t tell that you’re on a boat. Key is to only use while being stationary. I think they’re launching more satellites constantly, so their accuracy of your location may...
  2. Coyote Spooner

Starlink

I met a guy, on the water, last summer. His worked good. But you can only use, land based Starlink, while stationary. He said if they detect you’re moving, they’d lock you out? They want you to spend the big bucks for mobile subscription.
  3. Coyote Spooner

In Hindsight Advice (seeking not giving)

Galvanized trailer is a must. Painted trailers are only ok in freshwater.
  4. Coyote Spooner

In Hindsight Advice (seeking not giving)

Besides getting the hull that works for you. Focus on the power and trailer. These are the big ticket items. After you put a deposit on it, get the mechanical survey first. If that looks good, then spend money on the hull survey. Which is generally more expensive.
  5. Coyote Spooner

Merc Verado V8s

I use my iPad for Vessel View. Then when I’m anchored or sleeping on the boat, I can watch movies.
  6. Coyote Spooner

Wanted: Shimano 200 GT Mooching Reel

One just came up for sale by BigBruce
  7. Coyote Spooner

Seafoam is on sale

I don’t have a lot experience with Seafoam, but I think this is a good deal. I’ve recently used Yamaha ring free and it helped a carbon buildup problem in my kicker. So I bought 3 bottles.
  8. Coyote Spooner

What forecast model do you use in Windy and Why

When using the Windy App, where do you find these different models? Do you have to get Premium?
  9. Coyote Spooner

2024 Campbell River Reports

I use Navionics. They have interactive current arrows that will show detailed direction and speed, at various locations. Shelter point has one in Navionics. If using the tables? I think Campbell River in volume 6 would be the closest.
  10. Coyote Spooner

2024 Campbell River Reports

I’ve been able to get out, quite a bit lately. The weather has been great and the winds have been calm. All the local good spots have been productive. Just off the bottom in 185-200 with the rigger at 200-240, has got the most action. Skinny G glo spoon, like the top one (that’s a old beat...
  11. Coyote Spooner

Targeting Hali

We caught one yesterday, trolling a glo Skinny G spoon and glo flasher, 238ft on the rigger in 185 ft. Lots of bait on the sounder and also boxed 2 springs, in the same spot, close to Campbell River.
  12. Coyote Spooner

i will need some tradesman in the comox valley

Congratulations on your new property!!! I moved to Campbell River, almost 2 years ago. We looked at properties in Black Creek, but my wife wanted to be closer to town. I wanted a bigger property in Black Creek, but she won out. I’m also looking into a garage build. So far I’ve reached out to...
  13. Coyote Spooner

Spotted a Pod of White Sided Dolphins in Malasapina

I spent a couple days in Desolation, near Malaspina Pennisula. Didn’t see any dolphins unfortunately. The weather was great and found some prawns and salmon. Noticeably absent was other boats though.
  14. Coyote Spooner

New trophy line

They have a pricing tool, at Bayliner.com. I wish I knew how to post a link. The T25 was around $150k US. The T29 is around $220k. The website pictures aren’t great.
  15. Coyote Spooner

Website errors | Send us your links and screenshots

When I hit the refresh button, it recovers what I’ve been typing.
  16. Coyote Spooner

Website errors | Send us your links and screenshots

This is what keeps happening to me. This starts flashing on my screen and I have to close the page.
  17. Coyote Spooner

Shimano Moocher reel old vs new

I’ve had a bunch of these reels, over the years. Great reel for the price. Definitely a step up from the Daiwa M-One reels, IMO. I had a couple of the 4000GT spools fail, while fishing the banks off Barkley sound. Having 280 feet of mono to reel in caused too much stress on the spool. I...
  18. Coyote Spooner

This keeps happening….Admin

It’s after browsing for a bit. Sometimes I’ll be typing up a post and it will flash that message and I’ll loose my post. I hit the refresh and it recovers my post.
  19. Coyote Spooner

This keeps happening….Admin

This keeps happening to me, when using my iPhone. Sometimes it will keep flashing this screen and I have to close the page and reload the site. I’m thinking it has something to do with the pop ups.
Back