Search results

1. T

Trophy Livewell Pump Location

I have a 1991 Bayliner Trophy 2002FF (Outboard). I just replaced my Fishwell pump and thought I'd replace my Livewell pump as it is not working. Does anyone know the location of the pump? I don't seem to see it in the splash well deck plate. Is it under the bait tank itself, accessible by...
  2. T

Mercury 9.9 kicker, tried to start in gear, now flywheel not being engaged

Bonehead move. I have a 1998 Mercury 9.9HP 4 stroke kicker, tiller model, manual start. Ran perfect day before. Tried to pull start the motor, but of course it wouldn't pull because it was in gear. Now the cord just pulls out and retracts never engaging the flywheel. Take off the cowling, and...
  3. T

Boat Insurance

Called Coastal Community Credit Union today to renew my boat insurance. They offer a unique policy through Pacific Marine. She said they will be at the Nanaimo boat show this Saturday and can quote and issue policies on the spot. Because my boat is valued under $35K, no survey or pictures were...
  4. T

2 Stroke Oil for Sale

Quicksilver 2 stroke Premium Outboard Oil Three 4L containers, new, unopened, sealed. $60 Nanoose Bay
  5. T

48 foot Tollycraft runs aground at Ballenas

Did you guys hear the distress call on Saturday around lunch time when a 48 foot Tollycraft, 5 persons onboard, ran aground between the gap at low tide at Ballenas? I heard the passengers were fine, just wondered what happened to the boat once the tide rose and floated her. Took a crappy...
  6. T

Scotty Downrigger won't spool out line

I was just checking one of my 1106's before using them this year and one of them won't spool out cable. I release the brake and it just won't spool. If I remove the belt, both the big pulley and small pulley move and I can pull out line fine. I must be missing something obvious?
  7. T

Seastar Bleeding

Does anyone know a mobile mechanic in the Nanaimo, Nanoose, Parksville area that has a Power Purge Jr. unit? No matter how many times I try, I cannot get it so there is no play in the engine.
  8. T

Kicker not peeing

Sorry, this is totally off topic, but we all use our kickers so much for trolling, I thought you guys would have some experience with this. I have a 1998 Mercury 9.9 four stroke kicker. While trolling at the end of the season last year, I noticed the engine was not peeing. So I shut her...
  9. T

Schooner Cove Launch Ramp

When I was out fishing yesterday, I returned to my truck and there was a flyer on the windshield explaining that Schooner intends to close the boat ramp and tidal grid and information necessary for me to contact my MLA as this is public land that is leased. As a Fairwinds resident, I of course...
  10. T

Kicker Problem

That same day I was fishing, I got my stuff tangled in some commercial fisherman's prawn traps. I never saw any buoys. Anyway, miraculously I never lost any gear. However, after that I noticed my 1998 Mercury 9.9 kicker was not peeing anymore and it always pee'd like a racehorse. It might have...
  11. T

Two Questions

First, when trolling with a lure, and you want to check your gear say after 20-30 mins, do you trip the release and then reel in, and bring the downrigger in, or bring the downrigger in as you reel the line in. I have read conflicting information. Second, I was fishing on Thursday. Two new...
  12. T

ROC (M)

I wrote and aced my ROC(M) with DSC endorsement exam last week (Glad now I didn't take the course). I just installed a new Raymarine DSC radio which is connected to my Garmin chartplotter/sounder. I would like to do a position request so I can verify communication from the Raymarine to the...
  13. T

Schooner Cove Boat Launch

I just thought I would let everyone know that they are contemplating closing the boat ramp at Schooner Cove Marina as they go forward with their Seaside Village proposal. It is still in the planning stage at present and they are looking for feedback from the community. As a resident of...
  14. T

Trophy Scuppers

Hi Everyone: I have a new to me '91 Trophy and while fishing around Gerald Is. on Friday, my feet got wet because of the crappy scuppers. Can anyone other Trophy owners tell me which scupper they installed (ex. Rabud) and the size please. In keeping with this forum, I got a 20 pound farmed...
Back