Search results

1. S

Haida gwaii trip

Hey guys/gals Just booked a trip to the island end of July/early August. I have been doing lots of research and already found some spots that look pretty cool. Just wanted to ask anyone here if they have any pointers, we are there 8 full days but dont want to miss anything amazing. 8 days is...
  2. S

Herold provincial park (shuswap)

Hey guys, I'm looking at booking a site mid June. I have never fished this area and have always wanted to hit the shuswap. I'm bringing my 16ft aluminum and was curious about what people do out there with their boats overnight. I've tried calling and searching online and came up empty. A couple...
  3. S

Grounding aluminum boat

Hey guys, I searched through old posts and I think I am ok but just to be safe I thought I would ask. I just rewired my boat and added a negative bus bar. The schematic says to run a ground wire from it. My boat is aluminum and I am running the blue sea system. I thought that since both of my...
  4. S

Malibu 182

Hey guys, Just set up a viewing for a 2006 Malibu 182, it has a 150 Yamaha. I do not have a ton of knowledge on them but from the brief search I have done they sound pretty good. It looks perfect for my needs. Does anybody have any opinions or info on these?
  5. S

Inherited rods

Hey guys, I came across a couple old rods and just curious about them, one looks to be a steelhead rod (Algonquin Blanchard 545) and the other I cannot make out it says blank "make" and under says Canada. It's a flyrod and I'm guessing maybe a rich make. The one other flyrod looks alot cheaper...
  6. S

Buying in Port Alberni

Hi guys, Covid messed up my previous plans of buying a 2nd house, but now we have everything lined up and are ready to go. I was leaning pretty heavy towards Chilliwack but I have been getting advised to look on Vancouver Island. I eventually wish to retire there but not necessarily this house...
  7. S

Carburetor leaking

I posted in a previous thread about looking for a replacement 50hp. The issue that pushed that was when I primed my outboard fuel was leaking out from behind the carburetor and the ball was not getting hard. On my previous trip the motor ran awesome at both idle and open throttle. Well after...
  8. S

Looking for 50hp

Hey guys, looking to upgrade my motor on my 16fter, it seems like this is the worst time to buy. Called some places and turn around is too long as I got a trip to Bamfield mid Aug. Any leads on a 50 new/used please let me know. On a side note.I am at hathaway lake right now and my motor did...
  9. S

Chilliwack lake boat launch

Hey guys I am heading here tomorrow and was curious at what time the boat launch opens at? Online says the provincial park opens gate at 8am but I am hoping that is just for the park and not launch. Any info appreciated.
  10. S

Tidytank

Hey guys, My good friend stored a brand new tank at my house and unfortunately passed away. The tank does not have the pump/nozzle as it was stolen before he could actually use it. The question is should I just sell it as is or replace the parts and sell it. I do not have any experience with...
  11. S

Looking to upgrade

Hey guys, Bigger family means need for a bigger boat. Currently have a 2001 harbercraft nahanni 1625, has a 50hp 4stroke merc and 9.9 kicker. Would like another welded aluminum about 20ft plus.I would need next boat then list this. So if anyone is looking to downgrade and trade with me paying...
  12. S

Rental property

Hey guys, I feel that some of you may have some pointers on rental properties. I am looking into buying a rental house (most likely chilliwack). I have been researching as much as possible as well as running the numbers and after some basic calculations it looks like I will be paying a couple...
  13. S

15lb balls

I am looking for some 15lb weights, I'm in cloverdale but can travel. Anyone got a line on a few?
  14. S

Scotty 1106 no power

Hey all, Was just getting the boat ready for its first trip this season and one of my downriggers has no power. I checked the fuse and even plugged it into the other working side and nothing. I know these are covered under warranty but I have no idea how long that might take. I took the back off...
  15. S

Class action lawsuit

I will be the first to admit that I am not a big player on this forum but please hear me out and add in your input. We all know that the DFO is a complete joke and is only getting worse, before we know it there will be nothing left. My worry is for my son/daughter and future generations who will...
  16. S

Bamfield road

Hey all I have received a few messages about the gravel road to bamfield and trailering it so I thought I would post my experiences for the last 10 years of doing that. Usually by the time I get over to the canal it is afternoon and it has blown up and I do not want to get caught in that. My...
  17. S

Salt ice contamination

I will be doing a trip in bamfield for a week and I'm curious if salt ice in my cooler is still ok once it gets a bit of blood and juices in it. I'm thinking it's fine since it's still cold or should I be changing out my cooler every day or two? I bleed all my fish outside the cooler then pack...
  18. S

Haida gwaii family trip

Hey guys Just trying to get some input about the area. I am planning on driving up from the lower mainland and go for at least 10 days end of July or August with a wife and two little ones. I am hoping to have a truck/camper soon or just rent a cabin. I am leaving the boat behind so the biggest...
  19. S

Where to buy a new prop?

Hey guys need a new prop and I'm on the mainland. Where is a good place?I don't need it instantly so not opposed to ordering. Just spent 30 min talking to Steveston and whoever was helping me had no idea what I was talking about. Thanks
  20. S

400,000kg Salmon illegally netted

http://www.timescolonist.com/canadian-minister-calls-for-g7-naming-and-shaming-on-ocean-overfishing-1.23270386 Let's see what our PM does about this. The only response worldwide should be to blow these illegal fishing boats up.
Back