Search results

1. A

Recommendations for January Charter

Good morning all, My cousin has friends from Norway coming to visit in January and is looking for recommendations for a guided day fishing. Not sure what would be the best advice ,, Bamfield, East coast V.I. or local,Vancouver waters. Budget isn’t too important within reason.
  2. A

Salt ice in Port Alberni

Is there anywhere in Port Alberni to buy salt ice now?
  3. A

Naniamo to Bamfield route?

We have our annual trip to Bamfield booked for Monday August 21 to Friday August 25. The problem we are mulling over is the road to Alberni and alternate routes. We will have the boat on the trailer and usually launch it in Alberni,park the trailer at Breakers and I drive my truck loaded with...
  4. A

Salt ice on VI

Headed from Victoria to Port Alberni on Monday early morning. Launching in port Alberni and as the truck owner,I get to drive the infamous Bamfield Road with all our supplies and equipment. My question for all you fine folks is, where can I stop for salt ice between Victoria and PA thats on the...
  5. A

Please delete

Please delete
  6. A

Shimano 4000 GT Moocher plus reels(2) for sale SOLD PLEASE DELETE

As the title says, I have 2 Shimano GT 4000’s for sale. Surplus to my needs. Both are spooled with 30 lb hi viz line. one has minor rub marks. They both spend their life with me under the bow as spares with minimal use. They both function very well. Wife says I have too many reels… I tend to...
  7. A

Lowrance HDS7 Gen3

Finally got my new Lowrance HDS7 Gen3 installed a few weeks ago. It runs flawlessly and is nice to have a larger screen for the old eyeballs. Yesterday was a busy day as I brought the boat and got the structure scan LSS-2 transducer mounted and plugged into the system. Havent had time for a...
  8. A

Scotty rod holder mounts

One pair of Scotty rod holder mounts like new never had a rod in them other than testing the fit. $10 for the pair. Pickup in Abbotsford...
  9. A

Porta-Bote Genesis iii SOLD PLEASE DELETE

I have a 12 foot Porta-Bote Genesis iii model. In very good condition limited use on a few fishing and hunting trips. Never in salt water. It’s about 11 years old. Comes with a pair of factory oars and a two step opening device. Also included are two transom mounted Scotty rod holder mounts...
  10. A

Suzuki DF 2.5 hp 4 stroke Sold please delete

For sale one near new Suzuki 2.5 DF 4 stroke,long shaft. One of the lightest 4 strokes on the market at around 30 lbs. I bought it for my fly fishing trips. Picked it up 4 or 5 years ago. I believe it’s a 2014 model. It was broken in properly for 10 hours. I have only used it twice on my folding...
  11. A

New Mercruiser manifolds and risers SOLD

I have had these parts sitting in my garage for a while,but have decided not to go ahead with a V6 to V8;conversion in my boat. These are for a small block GM 5.0, 5.7 etc Not a big block. All,parts are new and have part numbers listed. 2 Mercruiser manifolds # 860246 C (With parts bag for...
  12. A

Intellisteer unit (type R) SOLD!

In August of 2018 I picked up an Intellisteer system from dmurphy on this site. It was very lightly used and seems to be in good condition. I had plans of using it on my jetboat for my kicker,but, life happens and I got way too busy. It still is sitting on a shelf taking up,space at my place . I...
  13. A

Salt ice in Bamfield

Heading for the first ferry this morning and on to Bamfield for a few days of fishing. Is there any salt ice available in Bamfield? We have used Cod Fathers in Port Alberni several times but if we can get it in Bamfield that is easier with the boat on the trailer getting in and out at Codfathers...
  14. A

Accommodations in Bamfield

Looking for docking for a 25 ft boat and accommodations for 2 guys in Bamfield Sunday afternoon till Friday noonish June 24th to June 29th. Quiet guys,non party animals,non smokers,might have a cold beverage or two with dinner sort of guys!LOL..We have stayed at Bamfield SeaBeam for many years...
  15. A

NMEA 2000 connection in new vhf

Installing the new Link 8 radio. It has a Nmea2000 port . Will that be the only connection between the radio and Lowrance HDS unit? Will the Nmea2000 cable from the radio down to the backbone(I have a drop down cable and another "T" fitting) be all that is required to get GPS positioning and AIS...
  16. A

Installing a new VHF radio

Ok, time for out with the old and in with the new,, VHF that is. One of the few questions I have is,do I just reuse my MMSI number. The old Icom radio will be junked. Can I simply just program it into the new radio when I install it? I am installing a new Lowrance Link 8 VHF.
  17. A

Vhf with AIS and DSC

Hope I am getting the terminology right. I have a descent Icom VHF in the boat wired into my GPS to have the DSC function. Is there now a AIS function on Vhf radios that hook into a Lowrance HDS 5 Chartplotter/ sounder? What would I need to make both AIS and DSC function?
  18. A

Maggots?

Heading up to Loon Lake (just north of Cache Creek)tomorrow for our annual family fishing derby/camping trip. I don't fish lakes too often,but do have some success most days. Thinking back several years when fishing with my father-in-law on Woods Lake for Kokanee,maggots were his go to weapon...
  19. A

Polyform HTM4 in Black

I have one Polyform HTM4 float/fender in black that has been sitting in the shop collecting dust.Its about 13 inches wide by 37 inches long. No cuts or big marks on it. Looks very nice.Comes with a black 3 foot line on it. I am in Abbotsford but work in Vancouver and can bring it to work if...
  20. A

Another install coming

Finally got a Lowrance Point 1 to augment the HDS5. Hope to get it installed next week. Any suggestions? It's going to be a flush mount. Got a few more things to do in the next month or so like remote steering for the new kicker,riser replacement, weld up a couple of through hull holes that are...
Back